Calling Cards of Morons

1 hour ago, philpy said:

I read one daft cow stating that she paid £20 for 2 bags "because she didn't want to disappoint the kids". Aye well done, they'll be expecting expensive sweets all the time now..

What happened to saying "Naw" to the wee shites? For example:

SCENE: Sometime in the 1970s

Young Bam: Can I get that?

Dad Bam: No, we can't afford it

Young Bam accepts his fate and is not disappointed, except in the unfair distribution of economic wealth to his Dad.

Endnote: Young Bam grows up to be a tight b*****d. But at least he can buy his own sweeties.

We were laughing at the story about the woman at the fudge shop because the same stall shows up at music festivals, even after 3 days wandering round in the sun with overpriced beer, I still give them a wary knowing look.

I was not so streetwise with the olive vendor in the shopping centre yesterday.

On 29/11/2022 at 20:24, Highland Capital said:

Watching an international tournament that Scotland haven’t qualified for but still saying “If Scotland had qualified I think we’d have done well.”

"Doing well" for us would be actually qualifying. Anything else is a bonus.

4 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Are you sure the hand gesture was a wave, and not something else?

It looked like what other people do when they wave at me but now you've got me paranoid and maybe everyone is giving me the w****r sign and not waving at all. It all adds up. 

18 hours ago, Raven said:

We were laughing at the story about the woman at the fudge shop because the same stall shows up at music festivals, even after 3 days wandering round in the sun with overpriced beer, I still give them a wary knowing look.

I was not so streetwise with the olive vendor in the shopping centre yesterday.

Going back to an earlier point I made in this thread, these traders get skinned an absolute fortune in pitch fees. the only way they can make any money back is to charge extortionate prices on whatever they're selling. for a burger van at something like trnsmt you'd prbably be looking at north of 10k for the weekend. the over priced burger and chips isn't just profiteering becuase they have a captive audience

"How has VAR not looked at that" they did look at it and obviously didn't conclude it was a clear and obvious error, they look at everything. You'd think with VAR being about for a while now people would realise how it works nevermind the pundits that still can't get it.

6 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Harmless fun and I got a bottle of Bison Grass vodka from a Polish lassie in my team a few years ago so I'm all for it 

Read that as “Bison Gas vodka” and started pondering if it was a brand for awareness on global warming from farming practices or some weird Polish flavoring trick.

Tim Martin's one of the simplest people around.

• The EU is bad because its citizens have rights that affect my ability to make more money from them
  • I want to pay less tax and I'll harangue my customers with propaganda unless you do as I say

That's really all there is to the man.

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Tim Martin's one of the simplest people around.

• The EU is bad because its citizens have rights that affect my ability to make more money from them
  • I want to pay less tax and I'll harangue my customers with propaganda unless you do as I say

That's really all there is to the man.

You forgot the mullet.