Calling Cards of Morons

On 11/11/2022 at 11:06, MEADOWXI said:

Not sure where to put this, lassie in office just got up to fix the radio as it had stopped working,

When told leave it it's 11.00, they'll all be silent she didn't know why or what for...........

I want to WFH more.

Does she have any redeeming qualities?

• 2 weeks later...

Americans who, despite barely ever leaving their own suburb and live in a country with rubbish infrastructure, privatised absolutely everything, slowly but surely sleepwalking into fascism and have people shooting at each other willy nilly, claim that America is the greatest country on Earth!

4 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Going into an independent retailer & upon seeing the price to be slighter higher than a major national chain, owned by a multi million pound conglomerate, declaring them to be " a bunch of fuckin robbing b*****ds"

Better yet, declaring they are off to (insert major retailer located 10 miles away) to buy it and save 30p. Let’s see…10 miles plus 10 miles equals 20 miles…your Qashqui gets 40 mpg, or 8.8 miles per litre…petrol is at £1.50 a litre, so you’ll spend nearly £3.50 to show those b*****ds and save 30p.

6 hours ago, TxRover said:

Better yet, declaring they are off to (insert major retailer located 10 miles away) to buy it and save 30p. Let’s see…10 miles plus 10 miles equals 20 miles…your Qashqui gets 40 mpg, or 8.8 miles per litre…petrol is at £1.50 a litre, so you’ll spend nearly £3.50 to show those b*****ds and save 30p.

Or get the bus

Aye and no, there’s a natural evolution going on. I think I’ll always prefer to buy groceries and clothes at the shop. 
hardware is hit or miss, if i absolutely know that B&Q have something then I’ll go in person for the instant convenience, otherwise I’ll order online and wait for it rather than spend ages looking.  I’m fucked if I’m ever going out shopping for white goods tho, who wants to by a washing machine in person and take it home in the car?

my parents in their 60s simply can’t understand the proliferation of coffee shops in modern times, it’s just alien to then that people would go out to town for tea and coffee yet drink alcohol at home, as far ad they’re concerned it’s just the wrong way round 

my parents in their 60s simply can’t understand the proliferation of coffee shops in modern times, it’s just alien to then that people would go out to town for tea and coffee yet drink alcohol at home, as far ad they’re concerned it’s just the wrong way round 

I'm some way from my sixties and completely agree with them.

This is likely a calling card of morons I'm probably outing myself as OFTW, but I prefer having a coffee in a pub than a coffee shop.

47 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

People who buy absolutely everything online.  Do people not realise they've a stake in their local area?  I only ever buy things online that I can't buy locally.

Usually the same people will whine about how: "There's nothing to do in town anymore. Shame everything's boarded up."

23 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

100% correct. I was in Falkirk at the weekend looking for a sybian and couldn't find a shop that sold one anywhere. If we all bought more locally this kind of thing wouldn't happen. 

Take Nigel Farage with you, he's good at looking for them on the coastline, coming over in their dinghies. 

Edited by carpetmonster

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

People who buy absolutely everything online.  Do people not realise they've a stake in their local area?  I only ever buy things online that I can't buy locally.

If local shops weren't open exclusively at times when most people were at work they'd do better. 

I haven't done the research but i reckon that a significant reason for "the death of the high street" is the demographic shift to (near) full female participation in the workforce. Fewer housewives traipsing from greengrocer to butcher.

Most local shops are massive national or multi national chains anyway

In summary:

542667134_images(1).jpeg.3c8464db2eff664d83b4d9450d8e7992.jpeg

Usually the same people will whine about how: "There's nothing to do in town anymore. Shame everything's boarded up."

In an ideal world the high streets would be bouncing with business but it's the way of the country/world now that folk will go where it's cheaper. Particularly in the current climate.

It's not so much the price that annoy me with the high street, it's the lack of choice. I've went up the street loads of times looking for stuff (and that includes big chain shops) and had no joy so had to go online to buy. I actually don't buy much but prefer to purchase something I can see beforehand. Sadly too often my only option has been to buy online.