Calling Cards of Morons

15 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Nah, glad this sort of shite is dying out. Being right handed I'm supposed to use my fork in my left hand apparently. Pish. Far easier cutting with my left and holding with my right.

Surely you use your strong hand to do the cutting action and just use your weak hand as the weight on it? No idea how you find it easier cutting with your weak hand, I can only imagine it's because that's how you've always done it. I'm right handed and can't imagine what I'd look like trying to cut up a steak with my left hand. 

Surely you use your strong hand to do the cutting action and just use your weak hand as the weight on it? No idea how you find it easier cutting with your weak hand, I can only imagine it's because that's how you've always done it. I'm right handed and can't imagine what I'd look like trying to cut up a steak with my left hand. 
I don't find it difficult at all tbh. I find it more baffling that folk do find it difficult in all honesty. It's no more easy if I switch hands.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't find it difficult at all tbh. I find it more baffling that folk do find it difficult in all honesty. It's no more easy if I switch hands.

If someone handed you a saw and asked you to cut a bit of wood in half, would you hold the wood with your good hand and use the saw in your weak hand?

If someone handed you a saw and asked you to cut a bit of wood in half, would you hold the wood with your good hand and use the saw in your weak hand?
I would use my right hand to begin with. But on the rare occasions I've had to use a saw I will switch to my left hand when my right gets sore (early stages of arthritis en route). I didn't think that was unusual either tbh. Maybe I'm just a bit ambidextrous.

I'm left handed and use the cutlery the right-handed way, just having always had things laid out that way when I was growing up. While I'd say a right hander doing it the left handed way is defo OFTW behaviour, it is one of those things that I feel is maybe actually easier for a lefty. Likewise playing guitar, I want my strong hand for the fiddlier bit and use my right with the plectrum.  

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I would use my right hand to begin with. But on the rare occasions I've had to use a saw I will switch to my left hand when my right gets sore (early stages of arthritis en route). I didn't think that was unusual either tbh. Maybe I'm just a bit ambidextrous. I'm clearly left-handed.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

No.  I'd tell them to sod off and cut it with an electrical saw of some description.

3 minutes ago, Left Back said:

No.  I'd tell them to sod off and cut it with an electrical saw of some description.

Which hand would you hold the electric saw with though?

Edited by hk blues

I'm left-handed and use the fork in the left hand and knife in the right hand.

Am I doing this correctly for a southpaw or should I be on some sort of register?

Edited by ParsJake
Musical accompaniment

3 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I'm left handed and use the cutlery the right-handed way, just having always had things laid out that way when I was growing up. While I'd say a right hander doing it the left handed way is defo OFTW behaviour, it is one of those things that I feel is maybe actually easier for a lefty. Likewise playing guitar, I want my strong hand for the fiddlier bit and use my right with the plectrum.  

kenneth.jpg.da30d0d7f5ae64fd1fce5b02bc804000.jpg

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I would use my right hand to begin with. But on the rare occasions I've had to use a saw I will switch to my left hand when my right gets sore.

I'm pretty similar.

Ordinarily, if I'm hammering or sawing, I use the right hand; but I've seen me with pliers in my left hand then switching to my right when this hand gets sore.