Calling Cards of Morons

People who hold their knife and fork in the wrong hands.  It's one of these things that their parents should've gotten them out of habit of when they were kids.
Nah, glad this sort of shite is dying out. Being right handed I'm supposed to use my fork in my left hand apparently. Pish. Far easier cutting with my left and holding with my right.

Remind me, were you already OFTW?
Cutlery isn't set on tables the way it is by chance.  Anyone right handed holding their fork in their right and their knife in the left is for the watching - no exceptions. 

It's not OFTW behaviour if you prefer to be comfortable while eating rather be a social sheep [emoji57]

10 minutes ago, Empty It said:

People on motorbikes wearing shorts, t-shirt and no gloves, makes we wince every time I see it.

@BFTD can attest to this too but when I lived in Phoenix, Arizona, you'd regularly see people riding dressed this way. Given that the temperatures were routinely 45 - 50 degrees, you could see the attraction of avoiding leathers and / or denim. However, what these people didn't take into account was that road rash would be the least of their problems should they go down. The asphalt was literally egg frying hot and unless they were able to hop back onto their feet immediately, they'd find their flesh sizzling. People actually made fun of me because I wore protective gear when I rode.

Morons indeed.

2 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

@BFTD can attest to this too but when I lived in Phoenix, Arizona, you'd regularly see people riding dressed this way. Given that the temperatures were routinely 45 - 50 degrees, you could see the attraction of avoiding leathers and / or denim. However, what these people didn't take into account was that road rash would be the least of their problems should they go down. The asphalt was literally egg frying hot and unless they were able to hop back onto their feet immediately, they'd find their flesh sizzling. People actually made fun of me because I wore protective gear when I rode.

Morons indeed.

Genuinely mental, all it takes is a wee stone to come up and hit your hand.

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
5 hours ago, Highland Capital said:
People who hold their knife and fork in the wrong hands.  It's one of these things that their parents should've gotten them out of habit of when they were kids.

Nah, glad this sort of shite is dying out. Being right handed I'm supposed to use my fork in my left hand apparently. Pish. Far easier cutting with my left and holding with my right.

2 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:

My mother in law sets the table with my knife and fork the other way round, a truly remarkable woman

Makes it so much easier when the nonces just out themselves like this.

17 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Morons indeed.

Yeah, Arizona's full of people desperate to prove their badass credentials.

My father-in-law was a volunteer EMT and must have done the, "you know what we call bikers?" gag with me half a dozen times. He also liked to point out that badass bikers cry just as hard as anyone else with their flesh lying in a degloved pile next to them.

Holding the knife and fork in the wrong hands is very American. Bit like using "gotten", really.

2 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

That's assuming the Yank of your acquaint actually has the motor skills to use two pieces of cutlery simultaneously.

The American way seems to holding the cutlery in the correct hands yet after cutting their food putting the knife down and switching the fork to their right.  Very weird.

Cutlery isn't set on tables the way it is by chance.  Anyone right handed holding their fork in their right and their knife in the left is for the watching - no exceptions. 

It would be interesting to find out if this right handed person would use their left hand to use a saw.

4 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Morons indeed.

b16797127.jpeg