Calling Cards of Morons

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I thought it was quite obvious Alan Stubbs was a terrible manager and only hibs fans (somewhat understandably) protest it. 

Which reminds me of a vox pop I saw when Hibs and Hearts were both managerless in late-2019.  A Hearts fan came on and said he wanted Jack Ross for Hearts, then a Hibs fan came on and said he wanted Jack Ross for Hibs and then another Hearts fan came on saying he wanted Stephen Robinson (a fair choice at the time).  Then some old Hibee wifey in Leith came on and crowed "Ah'd like Alan Stubbs back!"  

6 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I think it was Marvin Andrews on A View From The Terrace who hinted that Alan Stubbs wasn't a very good manager but had a good squad who pulled together.

How would Marvin Andrews know what type of manager Alan Stubbs was?

• 3 weeks later...

Some horsey c**t has paraded their shit factory through the town and let it turd everywhere, leaving it for the plebs to clear up.

The "moron" part is that one pile is on the pavement, and appears to have been stomped on by everyone who passed by. How can people be so oblivious?

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

Some horsey c**t has paraded their shit factory through the town and let it turd everywhere, leaving it for the plebs to clear up.

The "moron" part is that one pile is on the pavement, and appears to have been stomped on by everyone who passed by. How can people be so oblivious?

Maybe it was stomped on by other horses.  See that a lot where I live.  Pisses me off that you can let your horse deposit a barrow load of shite anywhere you like but if a dug drops a wet fart c***s want you jailed if you don’t wipe it up.

59 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Phones.

Jesus. Hopefully being up to the ankle in dung was worth liking Senga's picture of her dinner before they got home.

I've another one - failing to understand how shipping services work. Talking to a p***k just now who asked to have something delivered before a certain date, so I got a quote for a quicker shipping service and told them how much extra it would cost. The response was, "no, I just want you to send it quicker so it'll arrive here faster"  :1eye

Had this all the time when working at the Post Office too - people asking to send something by Recorded Delivery because they needed it to arrive by the next day. I'd explain that Recorded Delivery just means that they have to sign for it at the other end; if you want a guarantee it'll arrive by the next day, you need Special Delivery. "Nah, I sent a letter Recorded Delivery once before and it arrived on time, so it'll be fine".

Guess who'll be in the queue next week raging because the DWP closed their claim after their form arrived late  <_<

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

Folk used to shovel it up for the rhubarb and roses in Edinburgh when we had milk horses.

I could do with a nag coming round my bit, my roses and rhubarb are a bit rubbish looking 

4 hours ago, BFTD said:

You would have had a great job as a traffic warden 200 years ago when basically the stuff was everywhere.

"Hey you, clear that up.  .. and you, and you, and you. ... "

Actually not as stinky as what comes out of meat eating animals.

2 hours ago, Left Back said:

Maybe it was stomped on by other horses.  See that a lot where I live.  Pisses me off that you can let your horse deposit a barrow load of shite anywhere you like but if a dug drops a wet fart c***s want you jailed if you don’t wipe it up.

Dog shit is a health risk. Horse shit isn't. 

49 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Folk used to shovel it up for the rhubarb and roses in Edinburgh when we had milk horses.

I could do with a nag coming round my bit, my roses and rhubarb are a bit rubbish looking 

If that's a euphemism for what I think it is, a spot of discrete grooming can add an inch or two to the appearance of a gentleman's rhubarb patch.

4 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

You would have had a great job as a traffic warden 200 years ago when basically the stuff was everywhere.

"Hey you, clear that up.  .. and you, and you, and you. ... "

Actually not as stinky as what comes out of meat eating animals.

Aye, but clearing up dung was an actual (and necessary) job back then; you don't expect car drivers to repair the potholes their use of the road creates, as it would be impractical, and it's necessary enough that people are employed to do it (well, they used to be, at least).

It does rather stew my rhubarb that the few horsey types left take it for granted that everyone else should just have to put up with the mounds of dung they leave everywhere, but I suppose it evens out to know that morons with phones are willing to sleepwalk into it for our amusement.

On 07/08/2022 at 17:39, BFTD said:

Was out for dinner on Saturday night with Ruggy. Table of ten beside us, 5 couples celebrating a birthday.

At the end of the meal when the bill came one of the females refused to split it 5 ways and made each couple get their phone calculator out and work out how much they should pay. All couples went on to pay separately by card.

Fucking horrible behaviour. Wish the restaurant owner told them to f**k off.