Calling Cards of Morons

10 minutes ago, sophia said:

Thinking that you need your passport for relevant checks

What? How else do you get through immigration/border checks?

Edited by DA Baracus

12 minutes ago, sophia said:

I don't tend to trouble myself with that for the majority of the time I fly

I don't get this bit you're doing here. What is the reaction you're after?

Edited by DA Baracus

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Not sorting your liquids out before security is my particular bugbear. I'm impatient queuing at the best of times but when someone rummages through their  oversized carry on bag and pulls out multiple make up and toiletries containers and tries to shove them into wee plastic bags I give up the will to live.

Hey! Leave my wife out of this. 

46 minutes ago, sophia said:

I don't tend to trouble myself with that for the majority of the time I fly

30 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

He's a diplomat and doesn't need to.

Only flying domestic probably.  Drivers licence or national ID card.can be used instead of a passport.

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I find it fucking strange why anyone would object to abortion. There are literally an infinite number of reasons why someone would require/want one. 

But no, big beardy man in sky say abortion bad.

No doubt there are plenty of moist-eyed true believers in the sanctity of life from the moment of conception, but the main ethos behind the pro-life movement is that women should be punished for pre-marital sex.

The overturning of Roe v Wade will be great for the proponents of abstinence-only sex education.

15 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

- Not leaving enough time to clear security, especially in busier times

Going through Madrid airport last weekend there was a huge passport control queue. Huge numbers of people kept coming up towards the front and saying they had a flight leaving soon so they’d need to go to the front to make it. The airport staff taking no prisoners and bluntly getting them told to go to the back was utterly glorious scenes. A lot of seethe developed.

12 hours ago, strichener said:

Only flying domestic probably.  Drivers licence or national ID card.can be used instead of a passport.

Really weird comment to make then from them if that’s what they’re going for, considering it was blatantly obvious DA was talking about all air travel, where the vast majority of the time you can’t just “not trouble yourself” with passport control 😂

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Going through Madrid airport last weekend there was a huge passport control queue. Huge numbers of people kept coming up towards the front and saying they had a flight leaving soon so they’d need to go to the front to make it. The airport staff taking no prisoners and bluntly getting them told to go to the back was utterly glorious scenes. A lot of seethe developed.

"But .but ..but .. it's a proper British passport, none of your burgundy coloured rubbish... it's got a message from the Queen on it.. I didn't vote for Brexit to stand in a big queue..."

Get it right up them.

Not sorting your liquids out before security is my particular bugbear. I'm impatient queuing at the best of times but when someone rummages through their  oversized carry on bag and pulls out multiple make up and toiletries containers and tries to shove them into wee plastic bags I give up the will to live.
These trends to be the sort of folk who pack their bags a week before they go on holiday as well. Leaving it until the security queue is bizarre when you do everything else unnecessarily in advance.

When you get home from holiday just put the liquids bag in a drawer and chuck it in your bag as you head out on the next trip.

19 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

People in airports in general, but here are a few specific examples:

- Being surprised that you need your boarding pass handy for going through the gates to security

- Stopping in the middle of the queue for the gates to security to rifle through your bag to find your boarding pass, holding up everyone behind you

- Being surprised that you need your passport handy for the relevant checks

- Stopping in the middle of the queue for the passport checks to rifle through your bag to find your passport, holding up everyone behind you

- Rather than taking your tray after it goes through the machine at security to one of the designated areas, standing still and to gather your things up from the tray and holding up all the trays, and people, behind you. Bonus moron points if this includes putting on a jacket and/or clothes

- Trying to take liquids through security that are over the limit

- Not leaving enough time to clear security, especially in busier times

I once saw a woman argue for about 15 minutes at security because she’d brought her expensive perfume that was over the limit. 

When she realised that the security guy couldn’t give a shit how much it cost, she sent her husband to run back to the car with it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/06/2022 at 19:31, Empty It said:

What is it about airports and airplanes that make people impatient entitled arseholes?

it's relatively stressful for some people, lots of formalities and procedures that you only do every once in a while. people have an irrational fear that you can miss your flight in the same way as you can a bus or a train IE your not at the gate when the big hands passed the 4 so tough luck. obviously you can miss a flight through fannying about it an airport , even if it's not your fault, but it isn't really as ruthless as other forms of public transport 

I once went through security, turned up to my gate five hours before it opened, started a game of Age of Empires on my laptop and ended up getting a final call from a woman standing 10m in front of me.  I'll never forget that look of "not sure if serious".

I'm sure I've said this before, but claiming a lack of effort and/or passion when a team isn’t doing well or has a pish result.

The Pars were abysmal last season, but I didn't see a lack of effort from a single player.

It's just an easy, stupid thing to claim. On a rare occasion it's probably true of an individual player, but to claim the entire team haven't tried hard enough is utter pish.

I still don't get how so many fans don't understand what a big role confidence plays either. It's massive and very discernable, yet braindead cavemen will cry about it and claim it's a lack of effort or say players need to 'man up'

11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I'm sure I've said this before, but claiming a lack of effort and/or passion when a team isn’t doing well or has a pish result.

The Pars were abysmal last season, but I didn't see a lack of effort from a single player.

It's just an easy, stupid thing to claim. On a rare occasion it's probably true of an individual player, but to claim the entire team haven't tried hard enough is utter pish.

I still don't get how so many fans don't understand what a big role confidence plays either. It's massive and very discernable, yet braindead cavemen will cry about it and claim it's a lack of effort or say players need to 'man up'

It might be used too often but it doesn't mean every time it is said that the person must be a moron. It's quite obvious that players, and teams of players, have either stopped caring or believing in what the manager says and their performance levels drop with it. I mean you can't tell me that the Morton side that shipped 10 to Hamilton hadn't absolutely thrown the towel in? That's just the most blatant one I can think of but there will be numerous good examples of teams chucking it under certain gaffers.