Calling Cards of Morons

2 hours ago, velo army said:

I myself have become a seething da when it comes to this behaviour, and mostly the Deliveroo chumps.

This is the second time you've mentioned the pavement riders though. Did Grannythebam meet an untimely end at the wheels of one of these monsters?

No, they just cause me heids gone, that's all. 

11 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

No, they just cause me heids gone, that's all. 

Aye, perhaps a "c***s on paths" thread for this alone. 

I find myself being a cycling da', which is a bit of a niche demographic. Modern cyclists (post Wiggins era especially) are mostly horrendous, with a truckload of entitlement, fascist attitudes towards pedestrians and absolutely no road sense. The current highway code changes are pish too, which enables undertaking and being careless at roundabouts. 

36 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

^^^^^ Did you get your bike back, velo.?

Nah mate. I'm keeping an eye on Gumtree etc but I'm not optimistic. The polis have been very disappointing. There's a primary school right opposite me whose CCTV camera looks right at my front door, but they've not, as far as I can ascertain, looked at it yet. It took them a while to get back to me as the officer they assigned to it was off at the time, and then after she called me (10 days after I reported it) she's buggered off on annual leave again. It seems that the polis are more a crime recording agency rather than a crime solving one. I'd have been as well just undertaking enquiries myself. 

So nae bike. A friend gave me one of his to borrow, otherwise I'd have to change my name to sans velo army

44 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

[citation needed]

The Highway Code: 8 changes you need to know from 29 January 2022 - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

I confess to being wrong about the one about roundabouts, although the information doing the rounds emphasises the "priority at roundabouts" rather than the details of just not overtaking when we're riding round them (I've never experienced anyone doing this tbf). The one about undertaking "with extreme caution" I fear will be interpreted as "I have a right to undertake". 

Edited by velo army

15 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

My default when I see a cyclist on the road, particularly the full strip sadsacks, is one of utter contempt. However, I change my view on that individual if my experience in sharing the road with them is benign.

Very a much a calling card of a moron this.

As is my posting twice in a row without multi-quoting tbf.

Edited by velo army

6 minutes ago, velo army said:

The Highway Code: 8 changes you need to know from 29 January 2022 - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

I confess to being wrong about the one about roundabouts, although the information doing the rounds emphasises the "priority at roundabouts" rather than the details of just not overtaking when we're riding round them (I've never experienced anyone doing this tbf). The one about undertaking "with extreme caution" I fear will be interpreted as "I have a right to undertake". 

I thought it was already legal to undertake (i.e. filtering) on two wheels, given rule 151 already says "In slow-moving traffic you should: be aware of cyclists and motorcyclists who may be passing on either side." and I didn't think there was any rule or law against it.

Plus the page you linked to says "The updated code confirms that people cycling may pass slower-moving or stationary traffic on their right or left."

On 23/01/2022 at 20:21, welshbairn said:

It definitely started on one of the shoogly bridges in Inverness, they're having to rebuild them to cope with the weight.

Folk have started putting them on the bridge at Smoo Cave, which has me wondering: do these people constantly travel about the place with one in their pocket, hunting for any bridge that takes their fancy?

It's a bit like the social experiment where they crack the windscreen on an otherwise untouched car and find it burned out within a week.  Stick one of these padlocks to a previously untouched bridge and there'll be a dozen more the next day.  Same thing with those f***ing rock stacks.

Perhaps a new hobby could be traversing the country looking for these locks with some bolt cutters, starting with the fingers of anyone caught in the act.

On 08/02/2022 at 02:33, Hedgecutter said:

Folk have started putting them on the bridge at Smoo Cave, which has me wondering: do these people constantly travel about the place with one in their pocket, hunting for any bridge that takes their fancy?

I can't imagine why anyone would be on a bridge at a time when there were no witnesses with a padlock they no longer needed.

Next inexplicable trend; rolls of gaffer tape left dangling from tree branches in the middle of remote woodland areas.

2 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Is that good or bad?

It's atrocious, IMO. your living room is essentially a couch that is about 4ft away from your oven. 

There isn't any room to swing a cat in the bedroom (rules out Zouma) and the 'bathroom' is terrible in size, too. The landlord is completely ripping the pish because its in the Ferry. Its not even a nice part of the Ferry. You'll be lucky to get parked up within a five minute walk from the property. 

12 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

It's atrocious, IMO. your living room is essentially a couch that is about 4ft away from your oven. 

There isn't any room to swing a cat in the bedroom (rules out Zouma) and the 'bathroom' is terrible in size, too. The landlord is completely ripping the pish because its in the Ferry. Its not even a nice part of the Ferry. You'll be lucky to get parked up within a five minute walk from the property. 

The walk from your parked car will make up for the distance you move when cooking to eating.

You do know a cat is not actually a cat?

Anyway, it's in the Ferry, you're just jealous seeing how the other half live.

Just now, SlipperyP said:

The walk from your parked car will make up for the distance you move when cooking to eating.

You do know a cat is not actually a cat?

Anyway, it's in the Ferry, you're just jealous seeing how the other half live.

Cat o' nine tails wasn't it originally?

Same with shake a leg & freeze the balls off a brass monkey, all old sailor terms.

4 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Cat o' nine tails wasn't it originally?

Yes, the sailors couldn't swing their whips below deck at the (probably slaves) workers as there wasn't enough room to get a good thrashing.  So they used to take them on deck for the whippings. 

On 07/02/2022 at 23:52, Antlion said:

Shared [insert “hilarious” place]

Tell me you’re [insert thing] without telling me you’re [repeat thing]

Wow just wow

Also for the "modern shite patter" thread. 

I never heard the first one, but the latter two are particularly awful.

See also [plural noun] gonna [same noun but in singular form and used as a fucking verb for some reason].