Calling Cards of Morons

8 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Demographically speaking if an auld bugger is anyone over 75 and their musical tastes are what they listened to when they were 16 they should be blasting out Elvis, Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly and in a couple of years the early Beatles and Stones.

Christ. Time creeps up on you.

About time we had a generation that embraced Big Band, or maybe even older stuff. It would be most amusing to see a return to the Charleston or Black Bottom in the nightclubs.

@welshbairn could report back.

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

About time we had a generation that embraced Big Band, or maybe even older stuff. It would be most amusing to see a return to the Charleston or Black Bottom in the nightclubs.

I have The Sensational Alex Harvey Band on a continual loop.

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I'm fairly sure there were hipster twatty charlston nights on the go before lockdown, largely populated by those young tory ladies who dress up as landgirls

17 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Demographically speaking if an auld bugger is anyone over 75 and their musical tastes are what they listened to when they were 16 they should be blasting out Elvis, Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly and in a couple of years the early Beatles and Stones.

They would be doing nothing of the sort.  The stylus would jump every time they went over a bump. Not to mention how do you plug it in.

Totally impractical.

Just now, coprolite said:

I'm fairly sure there were hipster twatty charlston nights on the go before lockdown, largely populated by those young tory ladies who dress up as landgirls

Urgh. Aye, that's not quite the same. "Irony" can get fucked.

43 minutes ago, GordonS said:

"Coalition of chaos."

All political insults of that type are laughable, but that one is particularly moronic.

They've been parroting that since their own coalition. TBF, theirs amounted to the government saying "we're doing X" and the Lib Dems saying "yes boss". Oh, and the one with the DUP, which operated on a purely financial basis.

It's indicative of a firmly-held belief that negotiation and collaboration are for the birds, and that countries should be run by dictatorial strongmen.

20 minutes ago, milton75 said:

Big band and anything that made by someone that could be called a "crooner" sucks the beef. It's trite drivel, and that is a hill I am very glad to die on.

I hear you.

All that Rat Pack stuff, Sinatra and Dean Martin etc, is fucking wash. 

13 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
14 hours ago, thomas said:
I'd class this as one of my guilty pleasures, I'm well aware I must look like an absolute knob blaring music out a Dacia but it's like a little sanctuary with one of my favourite songs playing as I leave work.

It's not just looking like a knob. Nobody cares if you look like a knob, they care that you're acting like a knob.

But I couldn't care less that they think I'm acting like a knob as I drive by happy in my little sanctuary of music🤷‍♂️ they can go about their lives with little other than about 5 seconds of overhearing my music.

13 hours ago, milton75 said:

Big band and anything that made by someone that could be called a "crooner" sucks the beef. It's trite drivel, and that is a hill I am very glad to die on.

13 hours ago, Paul Kersey said:

I hear you.

aye, because this is much much better..🤪

22 hours ago, BFTD said:

Aye, that's worse. The c***s who somehow engineer their motors to make small explosions when they accelerate, and like to sit revving their engines in the middle of the night.

Where's the real (fictional) Paul Kersey when you need him.

what if the car hasn't been altered, but the driver has a lot of money and is able to import something from abroad ?

there was an older version of this in front in front of me yesterday

Hellcat-car-chase-heroes-supercar-driving-day-1920x1080-resize.thumb.jpg.a5f9a2ffd4f43549e0311453800ad87c.jpg 

13 hours ago, Paul Kersey said:

I hear you.

Bobby Darin was sum boi though, he would fall into the crooner category but he was an incredible singer/songwriter. 

I've got to admit, I've recently started to appreciate all the stuff my old man listened to when he was young. There's a reason people liked music from all ages, and if you expose yourself to enough of it, it starts to sink it. Maybe there's hope for Country & Western yet.

Folk lumping Big Band like Glenn Miller and Benny Goodman in with the Rat Pack are way off, however. Very different styles.