Calling Cards of Morons

4 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Most people would probably think you meant the maverick antique dealer and take it as a compliment because he was a bit of a shagger. 

I didn't know what you meant there and had to google it. Ah. I must have missed that programme.

I had thought it might be something to do with omnitwat Tim Lovejoy - as expertly sent up on Charlie Brooker's show:

59 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Tim Lovejoy's patter was better than the Helen Lovejoy patter. 

As a non frequent poster it was funny at the start when I dipped in but now the patter has developed and morphed into it's own beast generally used by people that are too far gone on either side of the debate. 

7 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

“a non frequent poster”

You’ve had more aliases than people have posts.

I have literally never had an alias account on here. 

I would be very intrigued for you to say who you think I previous was though!

6 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Take your point on it being a comparison but unless the recipient of the "insult" knows The Simpsons well enough to know who she is then it's not an insult. Seeing it written repeatedly on here hasn't given it any more gravitas. See also "gammon", despite that poster losing his head over it a wee while ago.

I suppose the yardstick is when someone asks what it means then it is way too niche and therefore useless for anyone other than those backslapping each other over it's use. Also, let's be honest here, it has no place in the vocabulary of a grown man.

The Simpsons. Probably the most well-known television programme in the history of the planet. "Way too niche". 

D'oh!

20 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Disagree. There isn't any place for it as it's daft patter which has no insult value whatsoever.

20 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

I have but tbh never seen any episode with her in it so had to ask what it meant after I saw it in here for the tenth time.

jimbaxters providing todays Calling Card of a Moron - say something is shite when you've no idea what it means. 

4 minutes ago, Groyper said:

Folk who go on about how awful religion is thinking they're being edgy.

This is the debate you've been looking forward to for a year and a half? 

The standard of trolling around here is going to the dogs. 

22 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

I have but tbh never seen any episode with her in it so had to ask what it meant after I saw it in here for the tenth time.

Just don't see it as being any sort of insult to get annoyed about.  Being absolutely honest it's very cringy, even childish patter which I only ever see in here.

The ironic thing is that the people who use it the most are more hysterical screaming nellies than Helen Lovejoy ever was.