Calling Cards of Morons

27 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

Arsecheek fans who refuse to touch/use something of 'the other side's' colour. I've seen a rangers(may they rest in peace) fan refusing a green straw in a restaurant and requesting a blue one.

See also Billy Gilmours mother at his Norwich signing refusing to touch the green part of the scarf. 

Absolute brain donors.

Not a healthy environment to bring children up in.

29 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

Arsecheek fans who refuse to touch/use something of 'the other side's' colour. I've seen a rangers(may they rest in peace) fan refusing a green straw in a restaurant and requesting a blue one.

See also Billy Gilmours mother at his Norwich signing refusing to touch the green part of the scarf. 

Absolute brain donors.

Get over yourself. This happens everywhere and it's a minor joke not anything to be taken seriously. 

Just now, Stormzy said:

Get over yourself. This happens everywhere and it's a minor joke not anything to be taken seriously. 

I know a few Celtic and Rangers fans who do it's and it's absolutely not a joke. One paid to change his hire car because it was navy blue. Mental.

6 minutes ago, 101 said:

I know a few Celtic and Rangers fans who do it's and it's absolutely not a joke. One paid to change his hire car because it was navy blue. Mental.

Ahah that's mad, I don't know anyone that bad, I'd definitely say it's not something that's exclusive to the OF in fairness. 

When I was working at Ibrox I remember a scruffy auld guy with a cowboy hat on putting a line on and simply refusing to take his coupon because the paper was green. He sat for a full 5 minutes arguing that I should find a different colour of paper for his coupon before I said I was happy to take his coupon and cash it in if it won which prompted him to snatch the sheet, scrunch it up and hide it deep in his pockets presumably so none of the people around him caught wind that he had green paper on him. Baffling stuff. The only comparable incident I can compare it to was the boy who called me a Catholic b*****d in Primary 5 crying and running out the class in S2 German when the teacher deliberately gave him a green sheet of paper for a task.

Ahah that's mad, I don't know anyone that bad, I'd definitely say it's not something that's exclusive to the OF in fairness. 
Larkhall had a black sign on their Subway as opposed to green I'm sure and aren't their green traffic lights protected behind a cage?

It definitely goes on and is absolutely pathetic.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Larkhall had a black sign on their Subway as opposed to green I'm sure and aren't their green traffic lights protected behind a cage?

It definitely goes on and is absolutely pathetic.

Lmao. 

It goes on everywhere. It's not exclusive to the OF or Scotland. Fair enough if you think people that partake are morons but let's not pretend it's an OF fan thing.. 

4 minutes ago, TAFKAM said:

Literally post a single example that isn't.

An example of a football fan not wearing the colours of their rivals?

Do you think there's no Man City fans that won't like wearing red or similar? 

EDIT - This took me 5 seconds and the most half hearted Google search ever needed. - https://talksport.com/football/377748/liverpool-man-united-leeds-james-milner/

Edited by Stormzy

9 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Lmao. 

It goes on everywhere. It's not exclusive to the OF or Scotland. Fair enough if you think people that partake are morons but let's not pretend it's an OF fan thing.. 

Only other place i heard of this happening was in Besikstas ground where Galatasaray colours were not welcome. 

image.png.4671c9a0654577e9a594facc3b4cc699.png

By taking it out of the stadium, OF fans have proved to be even more petty and tribalist. Well done. 

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Only other place i heard of this happening was in Besikstas ground where Galatasaray colours were not welcome. 

image.png.4671c9a0654577e9a594facc3b4cc699.png

By taking it out of the stadium, OF fans have proved to be even more petty and tribalist. Well done. 

Yes OF fans are the only team on the planet that don't like their rivals. 

Edited by Stormzy

7 minutes ago, TAFKAM said:

No - an example of a football fan not touching the colour of their rivals

Well in the above link it says Milners dad didn't let him wear red, there's an example as much of a single picture of Billy Gilmours mum doing a wee stunt is. Do you sincerely think his mum doesn't touch green???

There's millions of football fans in the UK that are more passionate and tribal than Billy Gilmours mum ffs. You want examples of some London Spurs fan that avoids red...? This is a global thing, obviously related to sport and tribalism rather than some niche Old Firm issue. 

https://www.espn.com.au/football/corinthians/story/4415528/corinthians-striker-jo-fined-for-wearing-green-bootsthe-colour-of-rival-palmeiras

Can't believe the OFs hatred has spread to Brazil, they're just always trying to replicate the OF over there aren't they! 

Edited by Stormzy

5 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I would doubt there is any Dunfermline fan that would refuse to touch something because it was the colour of our rivals. 

OF fans are different levels my man, it just a shame so many live outwith the greater Glasgow area.

Just now, 101 said:

I would doubt there is any Dunfermline fan that would refuse to touch something because it was the colour of our rivals. 

OF fans are different levels my man, it just a shame so many live outwith the greater Glasgow area.

Have you ever left Scotland out of curiosity? 

6 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

To be fair, the whole larkhall thing seems more a sort of local hysteria than something widespread among OF fans. But guilt by association is dtill guilt. 

Repeatedly vandalising traffic lights for being green does need laughed at. 

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

To be fair, the whole larkhall thing seems more a sort of local hysteria than something widespread among OF fans. But guilt by association is dtill guilt. 

Repeatedly vandalising traffic lights for being green does need laughed at. 

I agree it does I'm just honestly beyond bemused at the idea the whole avoiding your rivals colours thing doesn't exist every place football exists. It's such a reach to try and attribute it to being an OF thing. As you say Larkhall is a bit different and rightly mocked.