Calling Cards of Morons

26 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

People who get engaged at another wedding. 

22 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Fucking hell, that has to be the ultimate dick move.

Happened at our wedding....kind of. We went to Cyprus to get married.  Apart from the wife and I it was just my parents, wifes parents and wife's sister and her man that came over. Night before the wedding the wife's sisters man proposed to her. Right in the middle of hotel restaurant 😅

2 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:
23 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
Sort of, I wasn't in the room when it happened but it did. emoji849.png

If it's the same one I'm thinking of, the couple are no longer together.

I'm not surprised. She spent the rest of the night at a table taking pictures of the engagement ring and on her phone while every time I saw him after that he was trying to get a mutual friend of ours to go up town and ignored her the rest of the night 🤣 mental.

I'm not surprised. She spent the rest of the night at a table taking pictures of the engagement ring and on her phone while every time I saw him after that he was trying to get a mutual friend of ours to go up town and ignored her the rest of the night [emoji1787] mental.
Was Baracus the town guy?

14 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

There was a restaurant in Inverness where some guy proposed to his girlfriend while they were eating their dinner with the ring in one hand while filming it on his phone with the other.

Why do people feel the need to film absolutely everything?

There is a raft of young guys in my work who film themselves closing roller doors on a Sunday overtime with captions of "get me hame" and "thank f**k that's over". 

The roller doors don't need opened on a Sunday. 

There is a raft of young guys in my work who film themselves closing roller doors on a Sunday overtime with captions of "get me hame" and "thank f**k that's over". 
Few of my pals who used to work offshore used to take great pleasure in pointing out all the rig wankers on FB who would put a survival suit on and take a selfie in their cabin. Have always said there is no industry with a higher proportion of wankers than oil/petrochemical.

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
17 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Few of my pals who used to work offshore used to take great pleasure in pointing out all the rig wankers on FB who would put a survival suit on and take a selfie in their cabin. Have always said there is no industry with a higher proportion of wankers than oil/petrochemical.

Construction workers would be up there.

I used to work at a hotel in Aberdeen that regularly/constantly had offshore workers there. Most of them were alright towards us bar/restaurant staff but there was this one guy who was an absolute fucking tit. He'd demand a whole 500ml bottle of ketchup with every meal he had. Every single meal and he'd pretty much finish one off or use enough of it so that it would be embarrassing to use it again. Big time attitude too. Absolutely hate c***s like that. 

30 minutes ago, Kejan said:

People talking about books they have never read e.g 1984, Brave New World.

Most of us haven't read them either, so would be none the wiser whether they were talking shite or not.

26 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
28 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Occasionally got the train back to Perth from Aberdeen on a Friday evening when there would be squads of guys fresh off the rigs on the same train, each with a massive carry out. Overpaid bell ends who made it their mission to know they were a) overpaid and b) bell ends.

Occasionally got the train back to Perth from Aberdeen on a Friday evening when there would be squads of guys fresh off the rigs on the same train, each with a massive carry out. Overpaid bell ends who made it their mission to know they were a) overpaid and b) bell ends.
Il take issue with the overpaid chat. They are paid what the market deems them to be worth. That some (and you are correct, as I have seen plenty of it myself) act like p***ks about it is a seperate issue.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I find these people are just extremely dull, boring and have nothing exciting going on their life, thus are left to make never ending posts about their work. 

35 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Happened at our wedding....kind of. We went to Cyprus to get married.  Apart from the wife and I it was just my parents, wifes parents and wife's sister and her man that came over. Night before the wedding the wife's sisters man proposed to her. Right in the middle of hotel restaurant 😅

I think I’d have a full blown heads gone if someone was selfish enough to propose at my wedding.

8 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I used to work at a hotel in Aberdeen that regularly/constantly had offshore workers there. Most of them were alright towards us bar/restaurant staff but there was this one guy who was an absolute fucking tit. He'd demand a whole 500ml bottle of ketchup with every meal he had. Every single meal and he'd pretty much finish one off or use enough of it so that it would be embarrassing to use it again. Big time attitude too. Absolutely hate c***s like that. 

Any ketchup isn’t bad enough as it’s for children, but a full bottle at every meal is absolute nonce behaviour.

9 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

:lol:

Is that "big time" in Aberdeen, demanding the full bottle of ketchup?

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

:lol:

Is that "big time" in Aberdeen, demanding the full bottle of ketchup?

Your ex chairman was the 2nd worst for attitude in 3 years working there, much to the embarrassment of the rest of the board that were present during his little meltdown... but the rest of the club were absolutely sound including Ian Murray. 

The worst was some guy who's daughter was getting married and wanted all the staff to wear togas and slave collars etc. 

Edited by Stellaboz

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

As the celebrant says "Do you have the rings?"

Celebrant is harder because you would have to be invited. A church wedding is public hence the does any one object thing, so you could go around upstaging weddings at will in churches.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Celebrant is harder because you would have to be invited. A church wedding is public hence the does any one object thing, so you could go around upstaging weddings at will in churches.

I used celebrant as an all-encompassing term in case it upset any of our non-religious viewers