Calling Cards of Morons

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

What the f**k are folk looking for at a train station, a few Monet's to look at whilst they wait? Any significant money spent on a run of the mill station is a complete waste of time. Get some old Tesco Trolley huts up and job done.

Youd be surprised at people's levels of expectation now. On cleanliness, vandalism, litter, quality of info and service etc. - Scotrail get fined if they dont come up to scratch. 

As for artwork, the sheer imagination of the graffiti was often magnificently deranged. I recall a well executed mural of elephants making sweet love on the Cathcart Circle.

4 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Bellshill station's biggest issue is that you can see Bellshill as soon as you step off the train. Presuming it's one of the three days of the year that it's no pitch black and hooning it doon.

Simple solution: stay on the train and get off at Scotland's best town, Hamilton. You'll have a much better time, with lovely people.

10 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:

Simple solution: stay on the train and get off at Scotland's best town, Hamilton. You'll have a much better time, with lovely people.

I don't know what train you are getting that calls at both Bellshill & Hamilton.

To do the above you'd need to change at Motherwell, which is absolutely not an improvement in experience.

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I don't know what train you are getting that calls at both Bellshill & Hamilton.

To do the above you'd need to change at Motherwell, which is absolutely not an improvement in experience.

Unless they're changed the timetable, you used to get the train terminating at Motherwell, which would then become the train to Glasgow going to Bel...

Sorry, I just lost the will to live there.

At least Motherwell station has the infamous lift of incest. But on the whole, I agree. Nobody should have visiting Motherwell station on their bucketlist
I remember reading that story a few years ago. Maybe one of the most disturbing things I've ever had the displeasure to find out.

The levels of wrong, man.

23 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

The whole central belt between Edinburgh and Glasgow is one horrific, disgusting wasteland. 

Is this a common perception amongst P&Bers from out with Lanarkshire?

I dont think it's that bad actually.

In addition, along with our Ayrshire neighbours, we are the friendliest and most down-to-earth people in the country (for reasons of technical accuracy I exclude Bothwell).

Distinct baldies fighting over a comb vibe with all this fighting over which flyover country town is least awful.
Brewdog w**k I used to work with used to frequently make claims about which AB postcode was best (Fraserburgh in his tiny wee mind). A man in his late forties ranting about how his post code was the best.

4 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Distinct baldies fighting over a comb vibe with all this fighting over which flyover country town is least awful.

I'm beginning to feel my innate down-to-earth friendliness wearing off.😆

Let me see if I can get the hang of it:

(Cold voice, no eye contact) "You'll hev hed your tea".

Is that it? 🤪👍

I, briefly thank fukc, worked for one of the Motherwell Bridge companies. To get my company car I had to take the train down and get off somewhere behind the iron curtain in the 60s (might have been either Wishaw or Motherwell). It was dark and dreich and frightening.

Wasn’t even a nice car, it was an automatic Vectra 1.6(?) basic shitheap

17 hours ago, Academically Deficient said:

Is this a common perception amongst P&Bers from out with Lanarkshire?

I dont think it's that bad actually.

I'm sure that residents of war-torn eastern Ukraine reckon their towns spruce up not too badly as well. The reality is a completely bleak, featureless, post-industrial hellscape and I doubt Luhansk is looking up to much right now either.

21 minutes ago, virginton said:

I'm sure that residents of war-torn eastern Ukraine reckon their towns spruce up not too badly as well. The reality is a completely bleak, featureless, post-industrial hellscape and I doubt Luhansk is looking up to much right now either.

Thanks for the feedback VT.

"To see ourselves as others see us" right enough.🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦😆