Calling Cards of Morons

5 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
On 09/08/2020 at 03:34, Theroadlesstravelled said:
Is betting ever week on Celtic for 30 sheets profit at the end of the season the calling card of a moron or not?

A 10% return on investment over eight months? Where did you invest that did better than that?

Baillie Gifford Scottish Mortgage.

On the subject of whether betting is worth it or not, I checked my history and taking all my bets and withdrawals since 2017 I am in £13 profit. 

Will that stop me backing some mare I've never heard of in the hope it romps home? Will it f**k. Betting is fun.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Folk who say 'O' instead of 'zero'. O isn't a number.

I have an annoying habit of starting off my phone number with an O, but using zero for the couple of them at the end.

I give myself a row immediately after every time 😂

You must be in the "zero one three eight seven" club one would presume. 

Didn't need to Google that btw.  8)
I fully believe you didn't, ya scary b*****d! You're correct with the number but I don't have a landline phone [emoji14] I don't see what use they have nowadays tbh.

59 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

The word "zero" also seems to have replaced "no" in the vocabulary for some reason. For example "There is absolutely zero chance of that happening." 

Also "One hundred percent" appears to have replaced a simple "yes" or "absolutely". 

I'm obviously getting old

In a similar vein, a friend of mine once claimed that the best way to profit from sports betting was to bet systematically every week on NFL teams with black quarterbacks and/or coaches as they were generally underestimated by the bookies. 

Nothing to do with betting but the first SuperBowl winning black quarterback (Doug Williams with the 87 Redskins) was asked at the media day “How long have you been a black quarterback?” [emoji848]

On 09/08/2020 at 22:00, Hampden Diehard said:

I'm not interested in betting, but I can't imagine the thrill of seeing your £30 mount up over the season would be particularly absorbing.

About as absorbing as watching them 'winning' every year for the foreseeable I'd say. 

On 09/08/2020 at 14:28, Doctor said:

People with designer/patterned/logoed face masks... talk about missing the fucking point. Any opportunity for this miserable species to differentiate themselves and they grab it with 2 hands ears.

FTFY

On 09/08/2020 at 22:09, Academically Deficient said:

I usually work out roughly even over a season. Maybe slightly up or down.

I have rules I stick to. Only bet on football, no more than 4 games per accumulator. 

The only stupid bets I make are after 4 pre-match pints if Scotland are playing. Even then it's nothing major.

Having said all that, the bookies I go to in Govan is so depressing that I haven't placed on a game for ages.

:lol:

14 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Another one I hate is saying nothing in a football score. That w**k Liam McLeod does it all the time, eg. It's still 2 nothing here. No it's not, it's 2 nil. p***k.

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Another one I hate is saying nothing in a football score. That w**k Liam McLeod does it all the time, eg. It's still 2 nothing here. No it's not, it's 2 nil. p***k.

I remember one day years I was doing a task at home and my dad switched a match on the telly. I asked him what the score was and he said "nothing each". Disgusted to call him my dad tbh.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I remember one day years I was doing a task at home and my dad switched a match on the telly. I asked him what the score was and he said "nothing each". Disgusted to call him my dad tbh.

If your dad is Liam McLeod can you please tell him he's an absolute c**t from me.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

He's not but I'll tell him he's a c**t anyway.

Liam McLeod is a c**t for hundreds of reasons. I wouldn't call your dad a c**t just for that. If that's his only crime on the McLeod scale then "divot" would suffice.