Calling Cards of Morons

1 minute ago, Flybhoy said:

What if they went to the cinema to watch the movie 'Saw'...?

How would they describe their evening?

"I have seen the movie 'Saw'".

"I have saw the movie 'Saw'" or "I seen the movie 'Saw'" would be wrong and should be punishable by exile to Antarctica. 

Bad enough adults going to Disneyland when they have no kids but adults who wear hats with Micky Mouse ears and most likely have a selection of these hats. Same goes for any adult who actually gets dressed up as a Disney characters to visit Disneyland. Actually witnessed two separate people who've did this on their trips to Disneyland, very bizarre behavior.

3 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Bad enough adults going to Disneyland when they have no kids but adults who wear hats with Micky Mouse ears and most likely have a selection of these hats. Same goes for any adult who actually gets dressed up as a Disney characters to visit Disneyland. Actually witnessed two separate people who've did this on their trips to Disneyland, very bizarre behavior.

Adult customers aren't allowed to wear costumes at Dinseyland.

On 28/07/2020 at 17:09, Bert Raccoon said:

I quite like some of the disney parks, we go to Florida as much as we can but probably only do maybe 1 park a year (mostly go for baseball, basketball, shopping and the warm weather) as we’ve kinda seen it all and no point seeing the same thing over and over again. We were planning a big family holiday for my old dears 60th next year (if its cancelled so be it) and I watched some of the disney vloggers as we thought about spending some of the holiday in one of the disney hotels, however they seem to be absolutely mental money for average hotels. Anyway yes my point being many of the disney fanatics are mental people, I remember seeing one of the vloggers say ‘ive never left america but going to epcot gives me an insight into culture abroad’, file him under the aforementioned wrong yin category. Some people absolutely obsess over it and I find it bizarre, yeah its a nice place to go and visit but going to disney 2/3 times a year is mental, especially when theres not even that many ‘thrill rides’, Busch gardens is better and far cheaper. 

People who ignore all warnings and go on holiday to Spain during a global pandemic and then get annoyed when they need to come home early.

This in spades! Was amazed to read that an estimated 150,000 Brits are currently on holiday in Spain, post lockdown-easing measures! Even if most of those returning generally adhere to the mandatory 14 day quarantine period, there’s still the clear potential to bring new infection back into all four corners of the UK with those sort of numbers, just whilst we are trying to manage regional ‘spikes’ in new cases?
It isn’t the science people are struggling with here for me or even the mixed messages of this hopeless government, it’s the abandonment of our own common sense and caution it seems. Non essential travel in close proximity with thousands of other fellow passengers and locals with whom you have no idea of where they have been or what levels of social activity they have mixed with, clearly represents an unnecessary risk doesn’t it?
I’m honestly surprised that so many people are prepared to take this chance when we’re still struggling internationally to keep a sustainable hold on new infection rates, it’s on the box or in the papers every single day. It can’t be a lack of awareness.
Are we so stupid as a nation that we need to be spoon fed every simple instruction as to how to keep ourselves and others safe just for the time being? I suspect that there are just too many of us that think “f**k it, this doesn’t apply to me, it will be just fine”. Are we no longer capable of accepting our own civic responsibilities, in the absence of a competent government at Westminster? The hassle, inconvenience, anxiety, concern and grief that people have endured over the last few months is quickly forgotten for a few days on the Spanish Costas, only to unwittingly assist in the possibility of a second wave back in the UK. Is it really worth it?
You then get some guy from Salford or somewhere on the telly who’s a self employed scaffolder (and who’s been fortunate enough, unlike many, to qualify for SE Furlough Payments) complaining that the Gov quarantine decision is spoiling his five grand holiday in Salou and that he can’t afford not to work for 2 weeks on his return. Surely you would take that possibility into consideration when booking the trip in the first place? Maybe that’s a bit harsh, but come on, it’s always someone else’s fault eh!?

23 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

People who ignore all warnings and go on holiday to Spain during a global pandemic and then get annoyed when they need to come home early.

"But we get pissed in the red lion in Benidorm every year!"

23 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Somebody from Leicester is bound to be in Spain on holiday. Check mate by the virus.

Maybe there are some old Roman leper colonies over there that could be re-purposed?

If people in the UK take the examples of people in power, then it's no wonder some have an arrogant attitude that says the rules don't apply to them. 

This is all too true sadly! I often wonder what our neighbours think looking into the U.K. from outside, as to who’s running the show and what a state we’ve got ourselves into as a Country.[emoji15]

Car drivers - perm any three from: tinted windows, spoilers, personalised number plates, pish music with the windows down, wearing a hat, exhaust that sounds like a throaty sonic boom, roar from zero to sixty and having to slow to twenty as it's only a short stretch of road. Almost all BMW drivers.

26 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Car drivers - perm any three from: tinted windows, spoilers, personalised number plates, pish music with the windows down, wearing a hat, exhaust that sounds like a throaty sonic boom, roar from zero to sixty and having to slow to twenty as it's only a short stretch of road. Almost all BMW drivers.

Whats worse than this is exactly that type of car. But when they drive aggressively close to you, overtake you with a blind corner ahead. And then turn off the same road 2 mins later.

Only for you to have a look at them and see it's not a young guy it's actually a man in his 50s or 60s. The moron who never grew up.

Typically seen haring down the outside lane of the City Bypass doing at least 90mph, only to end up sitting two car lengths in front of you in the inevitable jam at the next junction.

I really have no idea what motivates these idiots or what they think they're trying to achieve.

I often wonder if they're the same wankers who insist that the missus has to ferry the kids around in some 1.5ton Chelsea tractor, simply because she has the cognitive and motor skills of Helen Keller, so that when she does inevitably cause a pile up the kids will be ok but everyone else will be fucked. It's the same type of pathological selfishness.