Calling Cards of Morons

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

In Dundee everyone says chipper. After a few months of being annoyed at it I decided to go with it, and now massively prefer it as a term.

I've spent some time in Dundee for work lately. I feel I've had a narrow escape.

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I've spent some time in Dundee for work lately. I feel I've had a narrow escape.

I've had weekends in Dundee twice recently: mid August and then early September.  Probably 'unpopular opinions' for this pish but I liked both trips apart from the fact that the whole fucking city is built on a hill.

Anyway, the phrase is 'chip shop' since, in English, both 'chippy' and 'chipper' have their own meanings and neither have anything to do with fried tatties.

As if it isn’t bad enough that twats in Edinburgh are putting thin watery brown sauce on chips, we now have Dundonians and sheep worriers calling fish & chip shops ‘chippers’.

Sometimes I’m embarrassed to be Scottish. 😡

My maths is pretty poor but I'm certainly not proud of it, I'm more angry about it. I don't know who sets the curriculum but the amount of needless shite we learned about was unreal. Pythagoras's theorem and algebra being the two that spring to mind. Neither of these things have been required in my life but counting has and I'm pretty fucking useless at that. Arithmetic should either be a completely different subject in schools or at the very least it should be the focus of maths classes and not the other pish they teach.

It used to be. I done both at O level many moons ago.

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:
It's a bacon softie and a chipper.

You're just trolling now, bad johnnydun

Not at all, its just the correct way...

Softie >>> Roll >>> Buttie >>> Bun >>> Bap

Chipper >>> Chippy >>> Chip shop

Rowie >>> Buttery >>> Aberdeen roll

East Coast >>> Highlands >>> Central Belt.

7 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I’m of no doubt whatsoever, that you’ll feature prominently on the Yewtree watchlist. 

8 hours ago, johnnydun said:

@Div

I’d like to make a citizens arrest, please.

11 hours ago, pozbaird said:

As if it isn’t bad enough that twats in Edinburgh are putting thin watery brown sauce on chips, we now have Dundonians and sheep worriers calling fish & chip shops ‘chippers’.

Sometimes I’m embarrassed to be Scottish. 😡

I had a haggis supper from a chipper on Rose Street in Edinburgh a couple of weeks ago. The haggis was dece, the chips were shite. The sauce was the best bit.

I can honestly say that I've never had an exceptional meal from a chip shop in either Edinburgh or Glasgow.

Fife, Dundee, Angus and Aberdeen are all far superior for deep fried takeaway food.