Calling Cards of Morons

23 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Is it still there? I'll nip round with a ladder and some loppers

Good night sweet Prince x

2 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

No love for a spicy haggis?

I had my first chippy in about 2 years when I was back in Scotland the other month. It was a haggis supper and due to me being hungover and starving at the time, it tasted like the best dinner I had ever had. Sensational. 

21 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Folk who have anything other than fish and/or chips from the chippy.

Calling a chip shop a chippy is a CCOM.  Probably been debated at length on P&B but it’s a chipper. 

And whilst maybe not being moronic , anyone who has just a portion of chips and nothing else or just a single portion of fish/ sausage/ haggis etc without any chips is definitely OFTW.

So just to be clear:-

Portion of chips (any size) only  - unacceptable

Single Fish etc only - unacceptable

Fish supper , King Rib Supper etc - acceptable

Fish supper and a single black pudding - acceptable 

Still to hear anybody refer to a "chipper" in real life and not mean the thing you dispose of old tree carcasses into. Presumably the ones referring to chip shops aren't allowed to mix with regular folks.

Still to hear anybody refer to a "chipper" in real life and not mean the thing you dispose of old tree carcasses into. Presumably the ones referring to chip shops aren't allowed to mix with regular folks.
In Dundee everyone says chipper. After a few months of being annoyed at it I decided to go with it, and now massively prefer it as a term.

Nah, not having this.... a nice fish supper is great, but there’s nothing wrong with a hamburger supper, and slapping one of the burgers on a buttered roll with a liberal slosh of tomato ketchup.

Brown sauce, surely? Tomato ketchup may go with a burger without batter but you need that vinegar sharpness from chip shop brown sauce to cut through the fat that's been absorbed by the batter. Other than that though, I agree wholeheartedly.

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I think it’s an Irish thing.

5 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
22 hours ago, pozbaird said:
Nah, not having this.... a nice fish supper is great, but there’s nothing wrong with a hamburger supper, and slapping one of the burgers on a buttered roll with a liberal slosh of tomato ketchup.

Brown sauce, surely? Tomato ketchup may go with a burger without batter but you need that vinegar sharpness from chip shop brown sauce to cut through the fat that's been absorbed by the batter. Other than that though, I agree wholeheartedly.

Brown sauce works for me too. I like both. Pretty sure I saw a thread on here discussing ‘brown sauce v tomato sauce’. Each to their own.

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

Anyone uses the term chipper instead of chippy isn't just a moron, but a massive paedo

I’ve honestly never in my life heard anyone call it anything bar ‘chippy’. The only time I’ve heard anyone Scottish using the word ‘chipper’ is if someone they know is feeling particularly bright and breezy of a morning... who the fcuk calls a fish & chip shop a ‘chipper’. Deary me.