Calling Cards of Morons

Guest JTS98

People who use tabloid language in everyday conversation. This happens a lot, but I find especially around things like terrorism.

A guy at my work the other day was talking about people being 'gunned down' in terror attacks. Who says that?

Similar is when people say a place has been 'struck' or 'hit'. No, it's been attacked. We have a word for that which is not the preserve of Sun headline writers.

3 hours ago, JTS98 said:

People who use tabloid language in everyday conversation. This happens a lot, but I find especially around things like terrorism.

A guy at my work the other day was talking about people being 'gunned down' in terror attacks. Who says that?

Similar is when people say a place has been 'struck' or 'hit'. No, it's been attacked. We have a word for that which is not the preserve of Sun headline writers.

Anything other than "attacked by Muslamic ray guns" is wrong IMO.

Reading Andy Robertson love in on Twitter. In amongst the array of Dundee United fans claiming they made him what he is there is a cluster of Celtic fans arguing amongst themselves. 

Guy 1 : "Why did we let him go? Some players just need more time to develop. I never seen him at Queens Park or Dundee United but surely the coaches at Celtic knew he was good enough to make it?!" 

Guy 2 : ".. Long winded story about Tommy Burns.." 

Guy 1 :" I understand that but he was great at Dundee United. Even a blue arsed flea could see that"

:huh:

You literally just said, 4 minutes previous, you never seen him at Dundee United. 

Edited by Dele

9 hours ago, JTS98 said:

Mark Walsh

20 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Mark Walsh

The news ticker on the bottom of that news report says that a plane crashed into a heliport outside the Pentagon. Obviously there was a lot of misinformation flying about that day but that seems a but strange how they can get that so spectacularly wrong. 

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

The news ticker on the bottom of that news report says that a plane crashed into a heliport outside the Pentagon. Obviously there was a lot of misinformation flying about that day but that seems a but strange how they can get that so spectacularly wrong. 

Maybe there was a heliport in the car park that the plane crashed through.

18 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Could probably go into one of two threads but this one is more appropriate. IMG-20190604-WA0003.jpg

I love the sheer indifference of those around her.

3 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I bet they still think it was terrorists as well

29 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Hand tattoos

They're a strange one.  They basically rule you out of the majority of jobs I would've thought.

I doubt they do.  Tattoos are so common now that you'd be cutting off a huge potential workforce if you excluded people with them.  

I work in IT and it's a mix of grizzled geeks and hipster kids and I'm very much in a minority not having a tattoo.  

step son is home for the weekend having split up with his long term girlfriend; is now sat in his pants watching some terry pratchett thing on prime, and discussing it as if it is 'real' as in 'that guy's a level five mage - he'd never be able to cast that spell without (doing some inexplicable made up shite) first, or using (some other inexplicable made up shite) to make sure that the effects didn't cause (some other inexplicable made up shite)'
he seems genuinely concerned at the perceived inconsistencies in the intricacies of the plot with regard to this sort of thing, and is seething to take issue with someone who gives a f**k about it
he also used to go to 'comicons' dressed up with said former girlfriend
enjoy it as fiction, by all means - escapism is great - but know where to draw the fucking line man - you're 25 years old !

Any pics of the ex dressed up?