Calling Cards of Morons

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Very popular on mainland europe also, Germany, Netherlands and Poland all have successful leagues. Australia too.

Yes when you go to Germany, Netherlands, Poland and Australia (all countries I've been to) you can't move for people talking about, watching and playing baseball. Not a minor fringe sport at all. 

10 hours ago, The OP said:

It would be shite. Football robbed of it beauty and creativity and just endless stats, stats, stats which the Americans seem to absolutely love.

QI alarm bell moment - pretty sure it’s called that because it was originally founded by a company named World’s or some shiz.

Edit - or not. Just googled it and snopes says that claim is false and they do actually kinda think the national champion is the world champion.

That's what I understood, too. 

(Haven't bothered googling it , having seen your edit.)

11 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

People who watch a sport which is only really popular in one country and said country hosts the "World Series"

Away and shite.

Not too dissimilar to the likes of rugby, cricket etc where only a small amount of commonwealth countries take it seriously.  

2 hours ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Individuals who go abroad on holiday then seek out the local Celtic / Rangers Bar , so they can “be amongst their own “

You get that on here a lot.  "Anyone know a bar in the Yukon where they'll be showing Scotland vs Albania?"

20 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Not too dissimilar to the likes of rugby, cricket etc where only a small amount of commonwealth countries take it seriously.  

105 nations are eligible to take part in the Cricket World Cup. 

The same number are eligible to qualify for the Rugby World Cup. 

Only teams from one and a bit nations are eligible to enter the World Series. 

8 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

105 nations are eligible to take part in the Cricket World Cup. 

The same number are eligible to qualify for the Rugby World Cup. 

Only teams from one and a bit nations are eligible to enter the World Series. 

Yeah, but you have players from all over the world.  The World Series sounds good.  America vs Canada Series sounds crap.

9 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

That's my son.

He is only 2 mind you.

Uh huh.  And when was the last time he watched Newsnight Review or asked to listen to Radio Four in the car?    Exactly.

Edited by Savage Henry

in addition to the previous POTAO13* tags (doctor who, harry potter, WWE, MMA and the like):

- people over the age of 13 who wear full-body pokemon character outfits

- people over the age of 13 who go to "comicon" events

- people over the age of 13 who watch every single marvel/superhero/DC comics type film

that'll be two of my three stepchildren, unfortunately; can add Mrs H to the mix if we include:

- people over the age of 13 who still play pokemon go

* and how disappointed am I that there's not another "T" in there so the acronym POTATO can pass in to the P&B lexicon - bollocks; mind, could always use the T from thirteen, and just type POTATO anyway, regardless of the fact that it's not quite right - a bit like "pelanty" - mods - consensus ?????

28 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

in addition to the previous POTAO13* tags (doctor who, harry potter, WWE, MMA and the like):

- people over the age of 13 who watch every single marvel/superhero/DC comics type film

that'll be two of my three stepchildren, unfortunately; can add Mrs H to the mix if we include:

* and how disappointed am I that there's not another "T" in there so the acronym POTATO can pass in to the P&B lexicon - bollocks; mind, could always use the T from thirteen, and just type POTATO anyway, regardless of the fact that it's not quite right - a bit like "pelanty" - mods - consensus ?????

Aye, they usually fucking stink of BO as well.

50 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

How about just people over the age of 13?