Calling Cards of Morons

1 minute ago, Highland Capital said:

I never said 'mate' or 'bud' or 'man' or anything.  I don't really like being called mate by people who aren't friends actually.

Is that right, pal?

15 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I never said 'mate' or 'bud' or 'man' or anything.  I don't really like being called mate by people who aren't friends actually.

My gaffer says "bud" far too much. He also ends any text message with three (always) big thumbs up emojis. Excruciating 'be my friend' nonsense. He's actually a pretty decent bloke.

12 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

People who buy scratchcards.

Do you not buy them on your football bus?

21 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I've also heard that in the darker, less civilised parts of Scotland they end sentences with 'but'

Ask them their favourite fish and hope it's halibut.

10 hours ago, BigBo10 said:

'May bank holiday change will ruin our wedding' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-48575410
This pair. Imagine letting celebrate the end of fighting in Europe get in the way of your pals getting the day off work to suffer through a hangover.

These people just need to be told to f**k off!!! 

Not enough people are just told "f**k off " these days. 

11 hours ago, BigBo10 said:

'May bank holiday change will ruin our wedding' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-48575410
This pair. Imagine letting celebrate the end of fighting in Europe get in the way of your pals getting the day off work to suffer through a hangover.

20 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

These people just need to be told to f**k off!!! 

Not enough people are just told "f**k off " these days. 

Yes we definitely need an arbitrary shifting of a day off to commemorate the 75th anniversary of something we've never had a day off to celebrate before. 

Edit - apparently the day off was also shifted for the 50th. 

Edited by The OP

7 minutes ago, The OP said:

Yes we definitely need an arbitrary shifting of a day off to commemorate the 75th anniversary of something we've never had a day off to celebrate before. 

Edit - apparently the day off was also shifted for the 50th. 

Fūck them, a day off is a day off.

10 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Fūck them, a day off is a day off.

I think on balance a Friday off is better than a Monday off but couldn't give that much of a f**k either way. I certainly shan't be celebrating our boys laying down their lives and can't imagine many people will. It's all part of the increasing trend of the Tories trying to be as nationalist as possible. 

Edited by The OP

5 minutes ago, The OP said:

It's all part of the increasing trend of the Tories trying to be as nationalist as possible. 

I agree this happens a lot and I can't stand it but I do feel WWII and all that went with it is an exception here.

There will be no veterans alive for the next one so it will be a low key affair if at all. Since it's effectively the last one they should make it a long weekend for everyone, Friday and the Monday off.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

There will be no veterans alive for the next one so it will be a low key affair if at all. Since it's effectively the last one they should make it a long weekend for everyone, Friday and the Monday off.

Traitor, that's an insult to our boys. A week either side still wouldn't be enough.