Calling Cards of Morons

People who use tabloid language in everyday conversation. This happens a lot, but I find especially around things like terrorism.
A guy at my work the other day was talking about people being 'gunned down' in terror attacks. Who says that?
Similar is when people say a place has been 'struck' or 'hit'. No, it's been attacked. We have a word for that which is not the preserve of Sun headline writers.

Are you ‘sensationally blasting’ use of such language? (Trade mark Daily Record).

Guest JTS98
27 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Are you ‘sensationally blasting’ use of such language? (Trade mark Daily Record).

Are you 'quizzing' me on the issue?

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Any politically motivated patter that rose up alongside this pish, mostly in America.

False flag
Virtue signalling
Beta

Also the mark of a fucking idiot

'Fake news', 'Libtard', 'Feminazi', 'triggered' and the one that's really starting to make me grind my teeth, 'offended', which is worked into every online difference of opinion. Nobody was offended you arsehole; they're simply calling you out on your shit.

'Fake news', 'Libtard', 'Feminazi', 'triggered' and the one that's really starting to make me grind my teeth, 'offended', which is worked into every online difference of opinion. Nobody was offended you arsehole; they're simply calling you out on your shit.
And get "woke" squarely tae f**k aswell

Why do so many younger Scottish blokes feel the need to use the word ‘mate’ every three seconds? Not sure it is a sign of moronic behaviour, but the conversations I hear certainly make the participants appear thick as fcuk.... I swear a conversation I overheard today went like this... ‘Aw’right mate, how’s it gaun’ mate? Aye mate, just been to the gym mate, fcuking knackered mate...’ ad infinitum...

It’s like a sweary Scottish bloke version of young American females with their ‘he was like, serious like, I was like ‘no way’ like, you know? I said to him like...’

Another thing. These days, why do so many people need to start a sentence with the word ‘so’?

Maybe it’s just me? Please tell me I’m not alone in noticing these three things - the ‘mate’, ‘like’, and ‘so’ bollocks.

Edited by pozbaird

11 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Why do so many younger Scottish blokes feel the need to use the word ‘mate’ every three seconds? Not sure it is a sign of moronic behaviour, but the conversations I hear certainly make the participants appear thick as fcuk.... I swear a conversation I overheard today went like this... ‘Aw’right mate, how’s it gaun’ mate? Aye mate, just been to the gym mate, fcuking knackered mate...’ ad infinitum...

It’s like a sweary Scottish bloke version of young American females with their ‘he was like, serious like, I was like ‘no way’ like, you know? I said to him like...’

Another thing. These days, why do so many people need to start a sentence with the word ‘so’?

Maybe it’s just me? Please tell me I’m not alone in noticing these three things - the ‘mate’, ‘like’, and ‘so’ bollocks.

I've also heard that in the darker, less civilised parts of Scotland they end sentences with 'but'

29 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I've also heard that in the darker, less civilised parts of Scotland they end sentences with 'but'

It's when they end them with "pal", you know you're in trouble...

44 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I prefer 'mate' over Scots saying 'man' like they're from fucking Orange County or some place.

'Yeah cheers man', 'Yeah its cool man' in some posh generic Scottish accent.  But your point still stands with mate too.