Calling Cards of Morons

14 hours ago, BTFD said:

I'm sure I remember Zen liking the "razy lacism" line, although I'm wondering if it wasn't @Melanius Mullarkay now.

Hell with it; let's blame both of them!

I'm sure there was a study that claimed putting on an outrageous 'Allo 'Allo accent actually helps foreigners to understand what English speakers are saying  :lol:

Presumably not Officer Crabtree's

"I was pissing by the door when I heard two shats"....

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

I see those Animal Rights morons have just been unceremoniously dragged by the ankles off Doncaster Racecourse.

It's a flat meeting.

I might be wrong but aren't they protesting about horse racing on general.

20 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Kentucky Derby day here in the US following a 2-week festival of horse racing on the flat. Just the seven horses needing to be euthanised this year. 

That is an abnormally high number of issues for flat racing. What's gone wrong?

Guest ICTFCwife
2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

When asked about this they claimed no.

Thats just it they claimed “no” but I think differently it started with the huge protest at the grand national and the aim of the protest was to stop holding events such as the grand national as they believed too many horses got injured/killed during them but now there seems to be smaller protests jotted all over the place at various different meetings.Tbh ultimately I think they’ll get to a point they try and get horse racing banned altogether.If they are going down that avenue it’ll probably be greyhound racing next. 

10 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

I might be wrong but aren't they protesting about horse racing on general.

10 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

When asked about this they claimed no.

Oh dear. Correct thread then.

7 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

The dugs are treated like Kings.

Really?

The Greyhound Board of Great Britain (GBGB) is the self-regulating organisation that governs licensed greyhound racing in Great Britain. Data from GBGB show that over 2,000 greyhounds died and nearly 18,000 injuries were recorded from greyhound racing between 2018 and 2021, with additional dogs injured on independent tracks. 

RSPCA - Charities call for end to greyhound racing

Racing greyhounds endure lives of confinement, are subject to standard practices that are cruel and suffer injuries and even death. Greyhounds used for racing are kept in cages, barely large enough for them to stand up or turn around, for up to 23 hours per day. Shredded paper or carpet remnants are used as bedding.

Humane Society of the US - Aren't greyhounds used for racing well cared for?

Even before they are born, greyhounds are at a disadvantage. To produce the fastest dogs, tens of thousands of dogs are bred yearly (many more than are required for racing). Unwanted dogs are frequently destroyed cruelly, and those who make it through the industry must live in small boxes, pens, or fenced enclosures.

Edinburgh Reporter - Everything you need to know about the future of greyhound racing in the UK

Only 7 countries in the world still allow greyhound racing.

7 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

The dugs are treated like Kings.

4 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Really?

The Greyhound Board of Great Britain (GBGB) is the self-regulating organisation that governs licensed greyhound racing in Great Britain. Data from GBGB show that over 2,000 greyhounds died and nearly 18,000 injuries were recorded from greyhound racing between 2018 and 2021, with additional dogs injured on independent tracks. 

RSPCA - Charities call for end to greyhound racing

Racing greyhounds endure lives of confinement, are subject to standard practices that are cruel and suffer injuries and even death. Greyhounds used for racing are kept in cages, barely large enough for them to stand up or turn around, for up to 23 hours per day. Shredded paper or carpet remnants are used as bedding.

Humane Society of the US - Aren't greyhounds used for racing well cared for?

Even before they are born, greyhounds are at a disadvantage. To produce the fastest dogs, tens of thousands of dogs are bred yearly (many more than are required for racing). Unwanted dogs are frequently destroyed cruelly, and those who make it through the industry must live in small boxes, pens, or fenced enclosures.

Edinburgh Reporter - Everything you need to know about the future of greyhound racing in the UK

Only 7 countries in the world still allow greyhound racing.

I think all kings should be treated like this.