Calling Cards of Morons

4 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

eating either could be easily replaced by delicious plant alternatives. 

I understand why they are keen to kid themselves on, but it does make me laugh when people try to claim that plant based "meat" tastes the same as the meat it attempts to immitate.

They don't. Stop lying.

That doesn't mean all are wholly unpleasant, but they don't achieve anywhere near what the vegans who want people to stop eating meat claim.

5 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

Was a militant muppet on the radio last night as I headed home. Trying to argue that if you were willing to eat fish you should be willing to eat cat, as eating either could be easily replaced by delicious plant alternatives. 

Happy to eat veggie/vegan dishes, but if the option is having to eat cat to justify my liking and desire for seafood starting basting that pussy......... (all Mr K Williams memes to be inserted here x).

That was my first time on the radio and I was very nervous. :angry:

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

I understand why they are keen to kid themselves on, but it does make me laugh when people try to claim that plant based "meat" tastes the same as the meat it attempts to imitate.

They don't. Stop lying.

That doesn't mean all are wholly unpleasant, but they don't achieve anywhere near what the vegans who want people to stop eating meat claim.

If I have a meal that includes fake lamb, then I would probably want to try real lamb the next day just to check if they are right.  Personally I prefer vegetarian food that is not pretending to be something else.

For example, Brussels sprouts(halved and seared) with cottage cheese, pomegranate seeds and crushed pistachio nuts is very nice.

Guest ICTFCwife
4 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

I understand why they are keen to kid themselves on, but it does make me laugh when people try to claim that plant based "meat" tastes the same as the meat it attempts to immitate.

They don't. Stop lying.

Plant based alternatives do have similarities agreed however they don’t taste anything like meat because they’re not. What really gets me is when you go for a meal with a vegan/vegetarian that once upon a time ate meat themselves suddenly can’t cope if say you’re eating next to them and you have chicken through your pasta and make a big song and dance about it. I’d understand fair enough if you were sitting there with a bloody steak or eating a big plate of wings or ribs how that might scunner them. However I feel a lot of them take it to the extreme.

Just now, ICTFCwife said:

Plant based alternatives do have similarities agreed however they don’t taste anything like meat because they’re not. What really gets me is when you go for a meal with a vegan/vegetarian that once upon a time ate meat themselves suddenly can’t cope if say you’re eating next to them and you have chicken through your pasta and make a big song and dance about it. I’d understand fair enough if you were sitting there with a bloody steak or eating a big plate of wings or ribs how that might scunner them. However I feel a lot of them take it to the extreme.

Why? Humans are omnivorous - It's their choice to not eat meat.

I've got no issue with their choice but they can f**k off turning their noses up at mine.

The ones that take it to the extreme are only after attention.

Guest ICTFCwife
Just now, Todd_is_God said:

Why? Humans are omnivorous - It's their choice to not eat meat.

I've got no issue with their choice but they can f**k off turning their noses up at mine.

The ones that take it to the extreme are only after attention.

I have a relative that’s a vegetarian she came to stay with us for a weekend she requested we cooked the bacon outside on the bbq because she “couldn’t cope with the smell” despite being a 40 year old that had been eating meat 22 years of her life prior to being a vegetarian. 

7 minutes ago, ICTFCwife said:

I have a relative that’s a vegetarian she came to stay with us for a weekend she requested we cooked the bacon outside on the bbq because she “couldn’t cope with the smell” despite being a 40 year old that had been eating meat 22 years of her life prior to being a vegetarian. 

I hope you politely told her no.

1 hour ago, ICTFCwife said:

Next time, to cut down on the smell of cooking just have blue steak.or steak tartare in front of her.

1 hour ago, ICTFCwife said:

Nothing better than the smell of bacon cooking

5 hours ago, Fullerene said:

If I have a meal that includes fake lamb, then I would probably want to try real lamb the next day just to check if they are right.  Personally I prefer vegetarian food that is not pretending to be something else.

For example, Brussels sprouts(halved and seared) with cottage cheese, pomegranate seeds and crushed pistachio nuts is very nice.

I agree that's the best option for people who are not vegetarian or vegan and just want to cut down on their meat consumption, it's likely healthier for you than just occasionally replacing a cow steak with a plant-based steak alternative. However, if you are vegetarian or vegan then these things become a bit more appealing, because you might eat actual plant meals (not brussels sprouts, right enough) most of the week, but will still occasionally want to have something different like a burger or a steak or whatever.

I refuse to believe anyone would actually notice the difference if you replaced your mince for quorn mince in sauce-heavy stuff like lasagne, bolognese or chilli, or quorn pieces for chicken in a curry. The meat is just there for texture in those types of meals in my opinion.

3 hours ago, ICTFCwife said:

"Can YOU go outside, dear, as I can't cope with the smell of your veggie farts..."

9 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I agree that's the best option for people who are not vegetarian or vegan and just want to cut down on their meat consumption, it's likely healthier for you than just occasionally replacing a cow steak with a plant-based steak alternative. However, if you are vegetarian or vegan then these things become a bit more appealing, because you might eat actual plant meals (not brussels sprouts, right enough) most of the week, but will still occasionally want to have something different like a burger or a steak or whatever.

I refuse to believe anyone would actually notice the difference if you replaced your mince for quorn mince in sauce-heavy stuff like lasagne, bolognese or chilli, or quorn pieces for chicken in a curry. The meat is just there for texture in those types of meals in my opinion.

A few months ago my mum cooked us a vegetarian curry using lentils and I genuinely didn't notice there was no meat in it until she told me. 

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

With the wife away this week, I've eaten far less meat than usual. Vegetable chili, vegetable fajitas and so on. Just didn't fancy the protein. 

I’m sure there is a joke somewhere about your wife’s diet while she has been away. But I’m certainly not brave enough to say anything!

I have eaten hardly any meat these last 5 weeks and more fibre rich diet and lost a stone in weight. 

I was full on vegetarian for 13 years in the 80s so it’s been quite straightforward. 

I still regularly have fish in my diet these days but mainly vegetarian based diet supplemented with lots of healthy nuts and seeds.

Chai and flaxseed is adding so much fibre.