Calling Cards of Morons

3 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Using the word "shithousery", particularly when referring to a footballer doing something slightly unusual.

It's very much a phrase you hear south of Hadrian's Wall.  What the fuck does it even mean?  What is a shithouse?  It's not even a thing.

They also call shite or average players 'B-Tech.....' then a good player.  'He's a B-Tech Ronaldo.'  He's a B-Tech Bellingham'.  Fuck off.

6 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Talking about your kids constantly, and steering the topic of any conversation towards them.

No-one cares, shut up. 

"Do you think we care as much as your baby as you do?  Just because you let some useless tosser blow his beans up your muff.  Merry Christmas!"

image.jpeg.cf88d707937cf8f0a44226567e5b5c8b.jpeg

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

"Do you think we care as much as your baby as you do?  Just because you let some useless tosser blow his beans up your muff.  Merry Christmas!"

image.jpeg.cf88d707937cf8f0a44226567e5b5c8b.jpeg

I would love to respond like that but I am not brave/ rude enough to do so. 

Conversation on Monday:

Her: "Good weekend?"
SW: "Yeah it was alright. Went to see Cocaine Bear last night."

Her: "My 8-year-old loves bears"

SW: "Okay"

23 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Conversation on Monday:

I've been 'cancelled' before after something that went along the lines of:

Me: "How are you getting on?"

Her: "the wee one had a tummy bug the other day so couldn't go to her school play and had to get sent home. She's been acting quite stubborn recently, etc etc..."

Me: "Ach well.  Question still stands though: how are you?

Her: [WhatsApp silence]

Edited by Hedgecutter
accidental sex change

On 06/03/2023 at 23:50, KirkieRR said:

Buying e-scooters for their kids, who can then grow clinically obese by illegally hammering about on footpaths at 30mph and never walking anywhere.

It's alright we've got an injection for them once they're obese now.

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

More commonly: "you're acting like a moron"

"You calling me a moron?"

"No I didn't "

"Yes you did.  You called me a moron"

Rather than being a comprehension issue, this usually amounts to, "I have realised that I'm in the wrong here, and I know my behaviour has been unacceptable, so I'm desperately looking for some reason to avoid having to apologise and admit fault".

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

The widespread lack of critical reading/listening skills, a prime current example being the interpretation of that Lineker quote.  Folk on Jeremy Vine this morning solidly behind Braverman, thinking that Lineker is directly comparing the UK with Nazi Germany.

More commonly: "you're acting like a moron"

"You calling me a moron?"

"No I didn't "

"Yes you did.  You called me a moron"

Aye, this. See it all the time now. This was a prime example for me of just not understanding what was said and going straight to crazy gammon outrage. From a couple of years ago.

"I think every racist and anti-Semite pretty much probably voted for Brexit"

Cue rage.

- "I'm offended" .....I think you should apologise"

"To who? The racists and anti-Semites?"

Edited by AuAl

Belief in astrology in general, obviously, but crediting a fortune teller for advising millions of lottery gamblers to "check your lottery ticket" is a bit special.

Presumably she wouldn't have bothered and lost out on the money otherwise.

A previous Lotto roll-over winner credited Mystic Meg with prompting her to check her ticket after she had hidden it in a biscuit tin next to her bed.

After mother-of-four Mary Jones from Gwynedd, North Wales, won £9.3 million in 2004 she said: "I read Mystic Meg in The Sun and it said don't forget to check your lottery ticket. I couldn't believe it when I realised it had come true."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64900348

9 hours ago, philpy said:

People who can't pronounce the names of shops properly. "Asda's", "Tesco's", "Lidl's", "Aldi's", B&M's". No you morons, none of the shops have an "s" at the end, so fucking stop it.  There's a wee village along the road called "whitecraig", and people will sometimes refer to it as "whitecraigs" 😟

I assume it’s people saying who owns the shop that is being talked about, as in

Her: “what shop are you going to?”

Him: “Asda’s (shop).”

The fact you’ve used the possessive apostrophe confirms that.

4 hours ago, BFTD said:

Rather than being a comprehension issue, this usually amounts to, "I have realised that I'm in the wrong here, and I know my behaviour has been unacceptable, so I'm desperately looking for some reason to avoid having to apologise and admit fault".

On the topic of apologies, when people say " I apologise " when they've done something wrong. When did folk stop saying "I'm sorry "? 

Saying "I apologise" especially when followed with "if you're offended/hurt" is a non apology.

28 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

On the topic of apologies, when people say " I apologise " when they've done something wrong. When did folk stop saying "I'm sorry "? 

Saying "I apologise" especially when followed with "if you're offended/hurt" is a non apology.

I'm sorry this seems to upset you

1 hour ago, GTG_03 said:

I say "i apologise" all the time at work. It's not a substitute for "I'm sorry" because i'm not fucking sorry. It means "i acknowledge that i'm in the wrong here, but i really don't care." 

47 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I say "i apologise" all the time at work. It's not a substitute for "I'm sorry" because i'm not fucking sorry. It means "i acknowledge that i'm in the wrong here, but i really don't care." 

What do you keep having to apologise for?

10 hours ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Conversation on Monday:

Talking to my dad a year or so ago when R Kelly got jailed for being a beast, underage sex and imprisoning women as his sex slaves etc, filling him in on what an absolute creepy, seedy, beast he was.....

"Oh, that's him that sung yon I Believe I Can Fly song, what a tune that is, your mum loves that song"

🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤣   

Seriously dad, what the actual f**k !

16 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Ignoring emails. If it's important, they'll ask again. 

I once responded, "if it had been important, I would've replied", then spent a couple of days cringing at the thought of being visited for a wee chat  :shutup