Calling Cards of Morons

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

People who learn fictional languages like Klingon and the one from Lord of the Rings.  How about we get a life eh?

Tolkien started writing these books for his kids but went into so much detail that by time he finished them his kids were in their 50’s.

16 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

People who learn fictional languages like Klingon and the one from Lord of the Rings.  How about we get a life eh?

hab sosli' Quch

Spoiler

Translation: your mother has a smooth forehead

Whomever it was that decided car lights should remain on for a period after the driver has left the car. Noticed this a few times recently and I'm assuming it's a new thing? What purpose does this serve? The only thing I can think of is so the person can see walking to their front door but then if that was an issue they'd surely have put a spotlight up by now? 

It would drive me mental as I'd have to stand and check they'd went out. Saw one a few weeks ago where a couple left their car to go into a shop and someone told the guy he'd left his lights on. I'd imagine that's a regular thing as well. 

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Whomever it was that decided car lights should remain on for a period after the driver has left the car. Noticed this a few times recently and I'm assuming it's a new thing? What purpose does this serve? The only thing I can think of is so the person can see walking to their front door but then if that was an issue they'd surely have put a spotlight up by now? 

It would drive me mental as I'd have to stand and check they'd went out. Saw one a few weeks ago where a couple left their car to go into a shop and someone told the guy he'd left his lights on. I'd imagine that's a regular thing as well. 

My 2013 Focus has this.  I turned the setting off as the headlights were shining onto the neighbours house.

Unfortunately they are not so accommodating.

2 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

My 2013 Focus has this.  I turned the setting off as the headlights were shining onto the neighbours house.

Unfortunately they are not so accommodating.

I did wonder if they could be turned off. Anyone who doesn't choose to turn them off belongs in here then! 

18 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

This function is particularly helpful to lone women, don't be too angry about it.

Can't see how much of a deterrent that is tbh. If it is, great. But unless they're vampires I'm skeptical a 10 second light will stop c***s like that doing what they intend on doing. 

59 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

My 17 year old Citroen can do this. The manual refers to it as "follow me home" lighting. It's easily switched off.

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

My 17 year old Citroen can do this. The manual refers to it as "follow me home" lighting. It's easily switched off.

So the morons in question here are the ones who choose not to turn it off. Thanks for confirming where my distain should be directed :)

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Can't see how much of a deterrent that is tbh. If it is, great. But unless they're vampires I'm skeptical a 10 second light will stop c***s like that doing what they intend on doing. 

I hope you don't have as much of a raging hangover today as you were raging last night.

The above statement is poor judgement.

7 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I hope you don't have as much of a raging hangover today as you were raging last night.

The above statement is poor judgement.

Why? Were people being attacked getting out their cars on a regular basis before these lights? I never knew it was an issue if they were tbh. 

Edited by 19QOS19

9 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

Buying e-scooters for their kids, who can then grow clinically obese by illegally hammering about on footpaths at 30mph and never walking anywhere.

I'd like to add Dirtbikes and Quads into this. Seeing wee guys about 8 fly about on a bike/quad makes their da 100% a moron.