Calling Cards of Morons

Just now, Florentine_Pogen said:

Well, you going to keep us hanging..............???????

She's leaving next month to be a data analyst for the police. I don't know either.

Just now, 'WellDel said:

They were playing in a social club near me the other night, and the cringe levels at all the identikit videos floating around Facebook was off the chart. At least 80% of the audience decked out in Celtic gear with tables full of green cocktails and bottles of Buckfast, revelling in an evening of unadulterated bigotry, sectarianism and terrorist group glorification. Scotland will never be rid of this shite (on both sides), sadly.

Songs about Bobby Sands, the Easter Rising, Bloody Sunday, "it was like a history lesson." Harrowing.

9 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Watching an international tournament that Scotland haven’t qualified for but still saying “If Scotland had qualified I think we’d have done well.”

Everyone seems to assume we'd play like we did against Denmark at home, when there's just as good a chance that we'd put on three performances like Ireland or the Faeroes away.

I've not seen a single nation at this tournament that's made me think, "we'd definitely have beaten them", and that goes for the hosts too.

5 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Everyone seems to assume we'd play like we did against Denmark at home, when there's just as good a chance that we'd put on three performances like Ireland or the Faeroes away.

I've not seen a single nation at this tournament that's made me think, "we'd definitely have beaten them", and that goes for the hosts too.

Never ever ever underestimate Scotland’s ability to not to turn up. I had someone say to me at the weekend that had Scotland qualified instead of Wales, they would’ve gotten a result again Iran. I was thinking to myself it would’ve been more likely that Scotland would’ve frozen in much the way Wales did. 

57 minutes ago, BFTD said:

We would have ridden Wales raw

*In the extremely unlikely event that both of us had qualified at the same time

Edited by Cosmic Joe

8 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

We would have ridden Wales raw

If we played like we did against Ireland or the Faeroes, both even poorer sides? We were shite against Armenia too; thankfully they pulled that "last one in the shower's a rotten egg" trick they seem so keen on.

We're by no means consistent enough to make statements like that.

Edit: also, and I appreciate that it's not necessarily relevant to 2022 but, our record against Wales in the past eight encounters is 1-1-6. Since before the Bale era, we've pretty undeniably been the UK's third team for a good fifteen years or more. Even if their legacy seeding keeps them afloat for a bit longer, I strongly suspect that's about to change.

Edited by BFTD

6 hours ago, philpy said:

It's the return of the Xmas markets which can only mean one thing - the greeting faced "Karens" are back. No-one forced you to pay £12 for a bag of pick and mix, the prices are on display. 

But why pay that when you can run squealing to the papers, keep the sweets, still get refunded by the seller, and get a tidy bung from the local rag?

2 minutes ago, philpy said:

I read one daft cow stating that she paid £20 for 2 bags "because she didn't want to disappoint the kids". Aye well done, they'll be expecting expensive sweets all the time now..

Might be the same story I saw - the company refunded her, she kept the sweets, and presumably the paper paid her for the “story”.

Naturally, all prices were clearly signposted and she still - clearly deliberately - had her brats each gather about 2kg of fudge.

I fucking hate people.