Calling Cards of Morons

Was out for dinner on Saturday night with Ruggy. Table of ten beside us, 5 couples celebrating a birthday.
At the end of the meal when the bill came one of the females refused to split it 5 ways and made each couple get their phone calculator out and work out how much they should pay. All couples went on to pay separately by card.
Fucking horrible behaviour. Wish the restaurant owner told them to f**k off.

I honestly would never go out with the couple involved ever again after that.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:
Was out for dinner on Saturday night with Ruggy. Table of ten beside us, 5 couples celebrating a birthday.
At the end of the meal when the bill came one of the females refused to split it 5 ways and made each couple get their phone calculator out and work out how much they should pay. All couples went on to pay separately by card.

I honestly would never go out with the couple involved ever again after that.

Indeed. The fact her partner went along with it makes him just as bad. 

1 hour ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Would have laughed if they ended up with the biggist bill of the five!

2 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Potentially an overreaction but these types are sub human scum and deserve to be shunned by society.

Once went out with a group of guys on a golf trip. One of them made us calculate out the cost of the dinner, and it turned out his was something ludicrous like 39p less. Still wanted to pay separately. Was a struggle not to lunge across the table at him.

Edited by Honest_Man#1

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Potentially an overreaction but these types are sub human scum and deserve to be shunned by society.

Once went out with a group of guys on a golf trip. One of them made us calculate out the cost of the dinner, and it turned out his was something ludicrous like 39p less. Still wanted to pay separately. Was a struggle not to lunge across the table at him.

Yeah, these sorts ought to be restricted to pay when you order places. Wotherspoons, Nandos et cetera. 

Seperate bills when dining together are the sole preserve of chiselling company expenses. 

7 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Her gripe was that she didn't want to pay for the others alcohol when she was only drinking Fanta. 

Fuxake.....something so petty could easily have been sorted out at the start of the night e.g. "Senga can't bevvy tonight cos' alcohol plays merry hell with her piles so we'll all pick up a Fanta on our tab........"

Have to say I'm the opposite. If I'm out as a group and have had a steak (or anything particularly expensive) and a couple of pints then I'll definitely be offering to pay for my own stuff if someone has ordered something like a salad and a coke. We usually have the kids any time we're out so do our own bill anyway. f**k splitting a meal when that includes other folk's weans food as well [emoji38]

If I was the one who ordered less then I wouldn't be arsed splitting though tbh.

Had a meal/club meeting a few years ago, five of us there. We agreed to pay our own way as some had 3 courses and wine, others just had a main, but we sorted it among ourselves and paid the bill in one.

Thing that annoyed me though was that mine was around £25, i was happy to throw in 30, give a decent tip. By the time the others sorted themselves out, the total tip was still well shy of 10, pretty sure someone paid less than they ate!

8 minutes ago, Shipa said:

Had a meal/club meeting a few years ago, five of us there. We agreed to pay our own way as some had 3 courses and wine, others just had a main, but we sorted it among ourselves and paid the bill in one.

Thing that annoyed me though was that mine was around £25, i was happy to throw in 30, give a decent tip. By the time the others sorted themselves out, the total tip was still well shy of 10, pretty sure someone paid less than they ate!

They couldn't even calculate it properly so paid £1 more than their bill was. 

31 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Her gripe was that she didn't want to pay for the others alcohol when she was only drinking Fanta. 

I don't think that's unreasonable given the costs if there were a lot of drinks ordered. Pints are about a fiver and wine a bit more, so she could have been paying quite a bit more when she was only having Fanta.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

I don't think that's unreasonable given the costs if there were a lot of drinks ordered. Pints are about a fiver and wine a bit more, so she could have been paying quite a bit more when she was only having Fanta.

The beer was £2 more per drink. She was being completely unreasonable getting the waitress to take 5 separate payments. 

I don't drink alcohol and I'm never bothered about paying towards others beer/wine.

1 hour ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

A bit specific to my job, but here goes.

when someone knows they are about to have blood taken, but sit with a jacket on, seemingly completely oblivious to the fact that it's a massive barrier.

It's like when I briefly worked some Friday nights in Johnny Foxes about 10 year ago, people seemed shocked that they actually had to handover money or their card to pay for the drinks.  Stood there watching me pour their pint and not getting their payment ready.

Maybe if someone ordered bottles of champagne and steaks and lobster while another couple had tap water and the cheapest thing on the menu.  But generally it should be fine.

We had a holiday ruined quite a few years ago by a couple of members of our group refusing to contribute to a kitty for the shared shopping and getting nippy about splitting bills for coffee etc.  Barking stuff but that's just the way some people are.

3 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

I wouldnt have c***s like that as friends.

One of my mates doesnt drink for medical reasons, and when we are all out he insists on paying his full share - obviously we tell him to f**k off and just chuck in something approximating his grub and then the rest of us just divvy the remainder between us (obviously we will have had vast quantities of bevs).

In France, they all get their own bills - fucking heathens.

If you don't mind paying for others' booze bills then good on you. It means you can comfortably afford it. Not all folk are in that position and it's entirely reasonable that folk should want to only pay for what they ate. Given a'body has a calculator to hand it really doesn't take that long to figure out. 

As long as you leave a tip. As a waiter I loved serving Nederlanders as they'd pay their own share then leave a few quid each. Always a 15-20% tip from those tables. 

Tables of Brits doing the same always resulted in being left f**k all though. Chunts.

Stingy restaurant weirdos tapping away with a calculator at the end of a night is such a well-known trope that anybody who actually does it deserves to be shunned.

They can sit at the same table as the embarrassments who enter every eatery fully intending to kick up a fuss over nothing in the hope of getting some money off the bill.

If you don't mind paying for others' booze bills then good on you. It means you can comfortably afford it. Not all folk are in that position and it's entirely reasonable that folk should want to only pay for what they ate. Given a'body has a calculator to hand it really doesn't take that long to figure out. 
As long as you leave a tip. As a waiter I loved serving Nederlanders as they'd pay their own share then leave a few quid each. Always a 15-20% tip from those tables. 
Tables of Brits doing the same always resulted in being left f**k all though. Chunts.
They can mention this and chuck a bit less in. It certainly doesn't merit calculators and lots of extra graft for the server.