Calling Cards of Morons

I think this makes me the moron, but until now I didn't know those were bucket hats. I always called them fishing caps.

But people who wear them are generally imbeciles, I can get on board with that. 12 in 1989 and I loved school and uni in the madchester to britpop years, but even so I remember the painful realisation that an awful lot of it was utter shite. I remember guys stoating around in those stupid hats and claiming that shit like Ocean Colour Scene and the Seahorses were good, and being offended at resultant ridicule.

Mansun
Dodgy
Kula Shaker
Embrace
Heavy Stereo
Boo Radleys
Manic Street Preachers
Ocean Colour Scene
Northern Uproar
Shed Seven
Powder
Bluetones
Catatonia
Seahorses
The Verve
Stereophonics
Echobelly

All crap.

There will be others that annoy me. I'll have a think. 

What really offends me is when I turn on Absolute 90s and they're playing the likes of Kula Shaker. And I remember the sort of losers in my corridor of halls of residence who liked that shit, and although it was bad enough at the time I guess somewhat forgivable because folk were young, and the scene seemed exciting. But to be playing it 25 years later isn't acceptable.

7 minutes ago, milton75 said:

I like to think that my disdain for the above improved hole-getting. I could be wrong, admittedly.

Didn't you move to the other side of the world in a quest for hole-getting?

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, milton75 said:

I think this makes me the moron, but until now I didn't know those were bucket hats. I always called them fishing caps.

But people who wear them are generally imbeciles, I can get on board with that. 12 in 1989 and I loved school and uni in the madchester to britpop years, but even so I remember the painful realisation that an awful lot of it was utter shite. I remember guys stoating around in those stupid hats and claiming that shit like Ocean Colour Scene and the Seahorses were good, and being offended at resultant ridicule.

Mansun
Dodgy
Kula Shaker
Embrace
Heavy Stereo
Boo Radleys
Manic Street Preachers
Ocean Colour Scene
Northern Uproar
Shed Seven
Powder
Bluetones
Catatonia
Seahorses
The Verve
Stereophonics
Echobelly

All crap.

There will be others that annoy me. I'll have a think. 

What really offends me is when I turn on Absolute 90s and they're playing the likes of Kula Shaker. And I remember the sort of losers in my corridor of halls of residence who liked that shit, and although it was bad enough at the time I guess somewhat forgivable because folk were young, and the scene seemed exciting. But to be playing it 25 years later isn't acceptable.

Your view on hats, The Boo Radleys and Verve are fundamentally and objectively wrong. 

Northern Uproar were on Dragons Den recently, i forget why, but Tej said they were the next Oasis, apparently unaware that they themselves had claimed that unsuccessfully more than a quarter of a century earlier. They didn't look like they took it as a compliment. 

Maybe I am the moron as @milton75 said

Travelled to Thailand, to live with the monks and take care of the hill tribe children......then

Head to   India to Himachal Pradesh, to set up a woman's and children centre, which still runs to this day.

Back to Thailand, this time travel to Hill Tribes, to set a communication route between monk, tribes & local government.

Australia, went to work on the Townsville wildlife park, hurricane came at the same time, so gave my time to building life back, by putting bricks on to of bricks.

Headed to Cairns, was told their is great snake place in the woods, so headed.  Seen lots the Aborigines sniffing glue. Stayed for 4 weeks to built small place where they can sit, medical treatment for them....still there.

America - went from West to East coast on a bus, stopping off and camping (had a tent) working with the people, soup houses, building sites  (did not get involved with drug centres, was not welcome). 9 weeks of graft.

My apology .  

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I always liked a seat if I was on the glue. Very civilised.

100% Sarge.  We (they come together), we can control heath problems, food, family problems....it's more that a glue factory...but I'm sure you knew that..Thanks for the question.... 

29 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Travelled to Thailand, to live with the monks and take care of the hill tribe children......then

Head to   India to Himachal Pradesh, to set up a woman's and children centre, which still runs to this day.

Back to Thailand, this time travel to Hill Tribes, to set a communication route between monk, tribes & local government.

Australia, went to work on the Townsville wildlife park, hurricane came at the same time, so gave my time to building life back, by putting bricks on to of bricks.

Headed to Cairns, was told their is great snake place in the woods, so headed.  Seen lots the Aborigines sniffing glue. Stayed for 4 weeks to built small place where they can sit, medical treatment for them....still there.

America - went from West to East coast on a bus, stopping off and camping (had a tent) working with the people, soup houses, building sites  (did not get involved with drug centres, was not welcome). 9 weeks of graft.

My apology .  

CZ03cmKWIAE9Gfm.jpg

7 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

That shite! try better stomzy

42 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

My apology .  

Better?

e14aba03c5132493d688300358bce8a3.jpg