Calling Cards of Morons

9 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Cheers.

I'm just a bit annoyed that they can act like this, lose out financially even if the court sides with them, and yet they'll inevitably be all over the papers crowing about how they feel 'vindicated' and won't give two hoots about being worse off by a sum that would take most ordinary people 5-10 years to earn.

It infuriates me how relatively powerless ordinary people are to stand up to bullying by others far more wealthy or powerful than they are, so to see two people indulging their ego like this when it's over not much more than a load of fishwife gossip, and only because they won't feel the financial consequences, really sticks in the craw.

They've both been implored by their lawyers to settle this out of court because of the ridiculous cost involved, the total waste of court time to settle a pissing contest, and the fact that even if they 'win' they'll still be on the hook for costs that far outweigh any award, and yet they're both still absolutely determined to plough on regardless. It's a pity the judge doesn't have the means to slap them both with a contempt charge then just dismiss the case as frivolous

Wouldn't be a bit surprised if they weren't both in on it together to raise their profiles/saleability to tabloid rags. 

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

People complaining about leaflets going through their door.

If there's a better example of a first world problem I'd be interested in hearing it?

People dying in Ukraine, 2 years of covid death and a cost of living crisis we haven't seen since the 80s but what really fucks these people up is a sheet of paper coming through their door offering a cheap pizza.

Morons.

Are you suggesting people can only be bothered by one thing at a time? Are you some sort of pish robot who can only deal in binary thought? Are you a fucking dot matrix printer?

It is possible to be concerned/worried/annoyed (yes, you can feel more than one thing about something) about all of those things at the same time as well as being irritated by leaflets through the door (and also, in a stunning victory to the processing power of the human brain, other things on top of all of that).

Anyway, leaflets are a massive waste of paper and need to get punted. Not environmentally friendly either, and I'm pretty sure they've not particularly effective. Zero reason to keep them. Ban them being chucked through doors unless someone specifically signs up for such things.

When I was  Postman I didn't bother people by putting the junk mail through their door.

I took it all to the local recycling centre blue skip where, to be honest, it deserved to go.

Had I delivered it some people would have put it in their recycle bin., some wouldn't. I reckon my action has extended the life of the planet by a measurable amount.

Sadly some people missed out on offers of cheap boilers and the chance to enter the postcode lottery.

8 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Guys, guys, it's not about caring about one thing at a time. Not only is nobody saying that, nobody is even hinting at it

It's about getting some fucking perspective on what constitutes a real problem.

But, if getting pizza leaflets through your door bursts blood vessels in your heads then feel free to enjoy yourselves.

Bad news on that front though - leaflets will never be banned and they won't be stopping any time soon.

If it's the environmental impact of it all, there's just one thing to remember - God invented paper recycling bins for a reason and it takes less than 8 seconds to stick them in there..

Once again, people can care about different things to different levels. No one is saying they're at risk of a rage induced aneurysm from leaflets through the door. Folk are saying that they're irritated by them. Just because there are bigger problems elsewhere doesn't mean folk can't also be annoyed or irritated or any other variety of anger/frustration at other things. 

There is a scale, which you would understand were you human and not a poorly crafted cyborg.

Edited by DA Baracus

8 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

When I was  Postman I didn't bother people by putting the junk mail through their door.

I took it all to the local recycling centre blue skip where, to be honest, it deserved to go.

Had I delivered it some people would have put it in their recycle bin., some wouldn't. I reckon my action has extended the life of the planet by a measurable amount.

Sadly some people missed out on offers of cheap boilers and the chance to enter the postcode lottery.

PostieARS3.gif

"Do you think we care as much about leaflets through your door as you do?  Just because you let some useless tosser post them through letterbox.  Well done, merry fucking Ukraine Invasion"

The Office UK - Anne vs Taffy - YouTube

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

God has provided us with the ability to simply put a wee sign on our door saying "No junk mail". It seems that this is beyond some people. Don't say I'm not great at giving helpful advice.

"No hawkers, No circulars, No Jehovah's Witnesses" is the correct terminology.

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Shit. Well played. 😊

Anyway, fortunately for those who are allergic to a pizza leaflet, God has provided us with the ability to simply put a wee sign on our door saying "No junk mail". It seems that this is beyond some people. Don't say I'm not great at giving helpful advice.

Is your garage in constant use? 

Shit. Well played. [emoji4]
Anyway, fortunately for those who are allergic to a pizza leaflet, God has provided us with the ability to simply put a wee sign on our door saying "No junk mail". It seems that this is beyond some people. Don't say I'm not great at giving helpful advice.
Aye because those signs will definitely work!

On 10/05/2022 at 12:42, Boo Khaki said:

No, I'm not. It's a comment about the fact that this pair of clowns can only afford to take this public bun fight to court because of the fact they married wealth. Without being married to a footballer it's highly, highly unlikely either of them would ever have attained the sort of public profile that would see them having a media-fuelled public slagging match in the first place, nor would they be able to pursue this ridiculous court action that is being driven by nothing but pure ego and vanity.

It's not pouring scorn on people in low-paid, low-profile jobs, it's pouring scorn on this pair of muppets who are only capable of acting like this in the first place because of who they married. You can buy practically anything material courtesy of marrying wealth, but it seems you can't buy dignity or class.

If it wasn't for the money this pair would be sorting this in the beer garden of a Wetherspoons at 20.00 on a Sunday evening after a days drinking in the sun with the ground getting covered in hair extensions, fake eyelashes and the last of their dignity.

And that is where this crap deserves to be.

18 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Are you suggesting people can only be bothered by one thing at a time?

Surely not; he's fizzing about everything all of the time, no matter how little it affects him.

Whoever designed drive-thru's*. Specifically, the fact they have the menu at the speaker rather than before it. So you have to quickly decide what you want rather than know before you get to the speaker.

* That's how they spell it!

17 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Not all heroes wear pants outside their tights.