Calling Cards of Morons

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I am. I'm also aware that if they speed up for short overtaking sections they're being c***s, it will barely impact on their journey times.

How dare they speed up when they’re allowed to do so ?

4 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

The speed limits for vans are still lower than for cars on the dual carriageway. So if they are driving along at 50 on the single carriageway and then speeding up to 70+ they are indeed being c***s for not letting faster vehicles past.

Aye , but I’m not convinced that there all that many van drivers who stick close to their speed limit on single carriageway , but go well over their limit as soon as they hit the dual

Edited by A96

8 minutes ago, A96 said:

How dare they speed up when they’re allowed to do so ?

I'm not sure if they are, they're classed differently from a dual carriage way. And they're only a few hundred yards, why stop a trail of cars stuck behind them from passing if not just for the pure cuntiness of it?

Edited by welshbairn

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm not sure if they are, they're classed differently from a dual carriage way. And they're only a few hundred yards, why stop a trail of cars stuck behind them from passing if not for the pure cuntiness of it?

Ah, sorry , I didn’t realise you’re talking about crawler lanes.   Yes , I think they’re the same as single rather than dual carriageway for speed limits.

But again , though, I’m not convinced that many van drivers who observe their speed limit on normal single carriageway speed up much on crawler lanes , especially when they’re already at the front of the queue. 

My impression is that a helluva lot of van drivers go well above their speed limit on all types of carriageway , possibly completely unaware of the different speed limits applicable to them. 

11 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

I drove from Glasgow to Aviemore a few weeks back and couldn't really see why the A9 gets such a bad name, although admittedly I have nothing to compare it to as that was the first I had driven it not being a passenger. Obviously people who travel on it more regularly than me have their complaints, but what exactly are they? I can remember there was issues about the length of dual carriageway sections and lack of places to overtake slower moving vehicles, what else causes people to despise that road so much? 

The road is fine, it bypasses every town and village, unlike its little brother going east from Inverness. It's the vans and lorries having to do 50 that's the issue.   

Edit - Aye, the vans speeding up on the dual is a wind up too.

Edited by TheScarf

I drove from Glasgow to Aviemore a few weeks back and couldn't really see why the A9 gets such a bad name, although admittedly I have nothing to compare it to as that was the first I had driven it not being a passenger. Obviously people who travel on it more regularly than me have their complaints, but what exactly are they? I can remember there was issues about the length of dual carriageway sections and lack of places to overtake slower moving vehicles, what else causes people to despise that road so much? 

It’s a difference of perspective

Highlanders seem to feel that if only they could shave 15 minutes of a regular three hour journey it would make a massive difference

You or I will just assume that it’s going to pretty much take all morning, all afternoon or all evening. 15 minutes here or there is irrelevant.

Coming back down the A9 last week I came to the start of a dual section, and out of nowhere someone blasts past me in a Mazda, must’ve been going about 80-85. Then instantly pulls in front of me and hits the brakes and slows down to 65, forcing me to slam the brakes as well. I obviously then have to overtake straight away and the specky, ginger tube was just completely oblivious to the world. Still got no idea why they did it.

1 hour ago, A96 said:

Ah, sorry , I didn’t realise you’re talking about crawler lanes.   Yes , I think they’re the same as single rather than dual carriageway for speed limits.

But again , though, I’m not convinced that many van drivers who observe their speed limit on normal single carriageway speed up much on crawler lanes , especially when they’re already at the front of the queue. 

My impression is that a helluva lot of van drivers go well above their speed limit on all types of carriageway , possibly completely unaware of the different speed limits applicable to them. 

In my experience, very regular user of the A9, a lot do speed up on the dual. Reason being the average speed cameras are only active on the single other than Perth to Dunblane. 

Edited by Rugster

When a presenter on a TV or radio show isn't a straight white man and folk start screaming about 'PC gone mad', 'wokeness', 'quotas' and other bullshit.

These morons are admitting that they think the default should be a straight white man. A ludicrous point of view. See also films and TV shows where there may be more women, black or ethnic minority characters and gay characters, and some folk go absolutely mental and cry about it.

It's not like there are thousands of films that would suit your stale demographic should you so wish, you c***s...

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

When a presenter on a TV or radio show isn't a straight white man and folk start screaming about 'PC gone mad', 'wokeness', 'quotas' and other bullshit.

These morons are admitting that they think the default should be a straight white man. A ludicrous point of view. See also films and TV shows where there may be more women, black or ethnic minority characters and gay characters, and some folk go absolutely mental and cry about it.

It's not like there are thousands of films that would suit your stale demographic should you so wish, you c***s...

I've heard people suggest that Marvin Bartley's media appearances are down to diversity & inclusion policies

IF that was the truth, then it would show exactly why such a thing was necessary, otherwise we will be stuck with slavering simpletons like Derek Fergusson forever more. Scottish football is absolutely saturated with underqualified auld pals acts, 100% of which are white.  

Assuming that straight white people simply get where they are on merit could be a CCOM to itself

1 minute ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

I've heard people suggest that Marvin Bartley's media appearances are down to diversity & inclusion policies

IF that was the truth, then it would show exactly why such a thing was necessary, otherwise we will be stuck with slavering simpletons like Derek Fergusson forever more. Scottish football is absolutely saturated with underqualified auld pals acts, 100% of which are white.  

Assuming that straight white people simply get where they are on merit could be a CCOM to itself

A prime example. The guy is a quality pundit and is there on merit, yet some folk go crazy about it like you say.

Why is James McFadden a pundit in Sportscene? He adds very little (although he's probably there for his name value, but then the question that begs is would that be the case were he not a straight white guy? Maybe, maybe not).

Your last sentence is spot on and part of what I was getting at.

17 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

A prime example. The guy is a quality pundit and is there on merit, yet some folk go crazy about it like you say.

Why is James McFadden a pundit in Sportscene? He adds very little (although he's probably there for his name value, but then the question that begs is would that be the case were he not a straight white guy? Maybe, maybe not).

Your last sentence is spot on and part of what I was getting at.

McFadden is probably one of the better straight white male presenters to be fair.

Which might, in itself be slightly concerning. 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

What is a stale demographic?

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Just a bizarre mindset that they believe everything should be explicitly geared towards making them comfortable, and it demonstrates the point that most things have been for a very long time, or they wouldn't be so freaked out by any change.

There was a thread on here that had a good half-dozen posters absolutely seething at the idea of female referees, or members of the commentary team not having penises. Not any specific women whose performance they felt to be substandard, or didn't have the requisite knowledge; just the presence of women in their manly game for men.

I'd tag in a few of the worst offenders, but nobody wants to read that shit again (and his wife doesn't have an account anyway).

23 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Just a bizarre mindset that they believe everything should be explicitly geared towards making them comfortable, and it demonstrates the point that most things have been for a very long time, or they wouldn't be so freaked out by any change.

There was a thread on here that had a good half-dozen posters absolutely seething at the idea of female referees, or members of the commentary team not having penises. Not any specific women whose performance they felt to be substandard, or didn't have the requisite knowledge; just the presence of women in their manly game for men.

I'd tag in a few of the worst offenders, but nobody wants to read that shit again (and his wife doesn't have an account anyway).

There was some poster on here who used to be particularly upset by MOTD having black and female folk on it (and even some black female people) who banged on about 'quotas'.

Was just sad.

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

There was some poster on here who used to be particularly upset by MOTD having black and female folk on it (and even some black female people) who banged on about 'quotas'.

Was just sad.

I remember asking him at the time if he was upset by minorities being under-represented on television and he admitted he wasn't. But a few weeks of what he perceived as over-representation had him barking.

13 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Thank you for bringing this up. 

I was watching a game on TV with a colleague a couple months back and I think it was Micah Richards, Alex Scott and Rio Ferdinand discussing the game.

My colleague was disgusted ' look at that, not a single white male'.

'aye mate, white men have had it tough'.

Colleague nods in agreement.