Calling Cards of Morons

15 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Insisting on cash only generally means they are the in financial trouble or are they simply run by crooks

Here's a picture of Neil Rankin, he has absolutely nothing to do with Dumbarton or any other club, and he definitely isn't a crook or in any way an undesirable individual.

Neil-Rankine.jpg

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

7 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Inverness to Aberdeen is the one journey in Scotland that is noticeably quicker by train and even then the journey takes about two hours.

Is the bus not something mad like 5 hours? Me and a friend had to get the service bus from Aberdeen to Buckie after we missed the train to Elgin (thanks @Stellaboz for not getting the conductor to hold the train for another 60 seconds...). Took fucking ages and pensions grassed us in to the driver for having a beer.

The infrastructure between Inverness and Aberdeen is comical.

11 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Inverness to Aberdeen is the one journey in Scotland that is noticeably quicker by train and even then the journey takes about two hours.

Much quicker to get the train to Stranraer than the A77. 

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Is the bus not something mad like 5 hours? Me and a friend had to get the service bus from Aberdeen to Buckie after we missed the train to Elgin (thanks @Stellaboz for not getting the conductor to hold the train for another 60 seconds...). Took fucking ages and pensions grassed us in to the driver for having a beer.

The infrastructure between Inverness and Aberdeen is comical.

Yeah that's absolutely hellish.  It takes about an hour and a half to get to Elgin from Inverness and then goes to what seems like every bus stop in the north-east.  It is (or used to be) pennies but it's absolutely awful.  Remember being on it once for what seemed like an eternity and then it stopped at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary where I thought to myself "finally, not long now".  The bus didn't make it to the centre of Aberdeen for another hour.

Edited by Highland Capital

23 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

The train from Inverness to Wick takes 4 hours 20 minutes, an average of 24 mph. 

29 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Blaikiesn,x600-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

It stops at Beauly, Muir Of Ord, Conon Bridge, Dingwall, Alness, Invergordon, Fearn, Tain, Ardgay, Culrain, Invershin, Lairg, Rogart, Golspie, Dunrobin Castle, Brora, Helmsdale, Kildonan, Kinbrace, Forsinard, Altnabreac, Scotscalder, Georgemas Junction, Thurso, Georgemas Junction again and Wick. :saddam

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, strichener said:

In the absolutely riveting debate on online v cash tickets, I notice that this has slid past without comment.  Of course it is the calling card of a moron thread, it's just not normally used to out yourself.

Pardon?

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Insisting on cash only generally means they are the in financial trouble or are they simply run by crooks

Both are correct.

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Guys - listen to him.  He is a Hearts fan and if anyone should be an authority on having your club run by a money launderer it will be him. 

On 23/04/2022 at 12:26, virginton said:

Much quicker to get the train to Stranraer than the A77. 

The train journey to Stranraer is a must do. Single line from Girvan, old rolling stock and it goes much further in-land than you'd expect.

I've taken the bike down there a few times, cycled back up the A77 to Turnberry. Veer off the main road and head up to Ayr. 

Holding up the traffic on the A77 - I reckon I've been called much worse than a moron...

Edited by broon-loon
Doh, me bad. TURNBERRY..

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

It stops at Beauly, Muir Of Ord, Conon Bridge, Dingwall, Alness, Invergordon, Fearn, Tain, Ardgay, Culrain, Invershin, Lairg, Rogart, Golspie, Dunrobin Castle, Brora, Helmsdale, Kildonan, Kinbrace, Forsinard, Altnabreac, Scotscalder, Georgemas Junction, Thurso, Georgemas Junction again and Wick. :saddam

Not always. Many of these (like the aforementioned Culrain & Invershin) are request stops. Can't be bothered highlighting which ones. But, yep, it's still a long and wearying journey - unless you're a first-time tourist on a nice scenic day.

1 hour ago, broon-loon said:

The train journey to Stranraer is a must do. Single line from Girvan, old rolling stock and it goes much further in-land than you'd expect.

I've taken the bike down there a few times, cycled back up the A77 to Troon. Veer off the main road and head up to Ayr. 

Holding up the traffic on the A77 - I reckon I've been called much worse than a moron...

The Forfar supporters' tandem to Stair Park will leave from the High Street. Seats available.

7 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Here's a picture of Neil Rankin, he has absolutely nothing to do with Dumbarton or any other club, and he definitely isn't a crook or in any way an undesirable individual.

Neil-Rankine.jpg

He took over the failed West Lothian Franchise and saved them. if that doesn't make anyone an undesirable individual.... 

20 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

People who don’t know how to pronounce well known places or things, especially people who are 40 years old +. 

My brother in law isn’t the brightest but is undoubtedly a nice guy. He’s somehow managed to get himself into a managerial position within a company working in the private care sector. He travels all over Scotland with his job, and every time I am in his company I find myself biting my lip when it comes to his grasp of Scottish geography. He’s quite often ‘going up to Dumfries’ or ‘down to Aberdeen’, and most of the time I let things like that slide. We were out for a meal the other night and I felt the need to interject when he repeatedly kept saying ‘Argyle and Arbute’. The guy has been about for a few decades now, and has lived in Scotland his full life, but unfortunately I can’t sit in the company of someone saying that without feeling the need to correct them. 

There's a village along the road from me called whitecraig, and one of my colleagues continously calls it "whitecraigs".