Calling Cards of Morons

That's a bit harsh, 20 minutes is more than enough time to realise you're not enjoying a movie in most cases.

Watch 'One Cut of The Dead' on All4 if you get a chance. If ever there was a film to prove that statement wrong, it's that film.

2 hours ago, HK Hibee said:

Ok, I’m intrigued. Is Denmark full of flagpole toting, Carlsberg drinking morons?

Isn't that every town in England during a major tournament?

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Isn't that every town in England during a major tournament?

The ones in our street somehow disappeared almost overnight last summer. No idea why :) 

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Watch 'One Cut of The Dead' on All4 if you get a chance. If ever there was a film to prove that statement wrong, it's that film.

Disclaimer in my post did say most cases.  I'll give that one a whirl though.  Cheers

Ok, I’m intrigued. Is Denmark full of flagpole toting, Carlsberg drinking morons?
Full of flagpoles. So much so that they have flag law which stops people from flying the flag as much as they'd like to.

Someone's birthday: everyone waving flags.
Back from abroad: met at the airport with flags.

Makes the USA seem restrained with their nationalism.

Disclaimer in my post did say most cases.  I'll give that one a whirl though.  Cheers

It's a cracking film and I thoroughly recommend it. But it is so so bad early on. You'll discover why when you get nearer the end though and then you appreciate how good the 'shite' part is [emoji38]

Continually buying new computer/video games at release then complaining that they are broken and buggy and often unplayable, then also complain about the massive day 1 patch(es) required to update the thing.

It's almost as if the companies have absolutely zero incentive to stop being dicks and rushing knackered, unfinished games out when loads of folk continue to buy them.

Also, folk who buy Fifa every year. Mugs.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Continually buying new computer/video games at release then complaining that they are broken and buggy and often unplayable, then also complain about the massive day 1 patch(es) required to update the thing.

It's almost as if the companies have absolutely zero incentive to stop being dicks and rushing knackered, unfinished games out when loads of folk continue to buy them.

Yeah, we've basically proven to them that we find this to be acceptable behaviour. There's no point complaining about it if you take part.

Pre-ordering games is even worse, except in the case of Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2, which is going to be AMAZING. Or cancelled, either/or.

21 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Wasn't there someone on here who didn't have enough space on his PS4 hard drive to install GTA5 and wanted a refund or something?

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Wasn't there someone on here who didn't have enough space on his PS4 hard drive to install GTA5 and wanted a refund or something?

Ooh, throw up a link to that, if anyone finds it.

• 1 month later...

I saw Fatherson had released a new album last friday so I hastily purchased a copy on Vinyl, it arrived the next day and I was delighted.

Today I got a delivery I wasn't expecting and it was shaped like an LP.
Upon opening it it was a signed copy of the Fatherson album on a red vinyl.

I checked my emails and it turned out I'd ordered it two months before and forgot.

What a moron.

8 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I saw Fatherson had released a new album last friday so I hastily purchased a copy on Vinyl, it arrived the next day and I was delighted.

Today I got a delivery I wasn't expecting and it was shaped like an LP.
Upon opening it it was a signed copy of the Fatherson album on a red vinyl.

I checked my emails and it turned out I'd ordered it two months before and forgot.

What a moron.

Keep one in pristine condition for about 40 years, then it'll be worth double what you've just paid (inflation factored in)

On 09/03/2022 at 10:19, TheScarf said:

People who 'give up' on a critically acclaimed and widely accepted to be brilliant TV show after 2 episodes (The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, etc) because 'I couldn't get in to it'.

Well yes you fucking moron, you've watched 2 episodes, at the end of the day.

Maybe they should watch it in the morning...

On 10/03/2022 at 18:11, accies1874 said:

Maybe more suited to "Calling Cards of Pseudo-intellectuals" but laboured references to 1984.

"Very Orwellian," your dad is shouting on Twitter.

The word Orwellian winds me up because you can all but guarantee two things:

- Anyone who uses it has never actually read Nineteen Eighty-Four

- Anyone who uses it has absolutely no idea about Orwell's life or the rest of his writing prior to him writing Nineteen Eighty-Four

8 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Keep one in pristine condition for about 40 years, then it'll be worth double what you've just paid (inflation factored in)

You've never listened to Fatherson, have you?

27 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

- Anyone who uses it has absolutely no idea about Orwell's life or the rest of his writing prior to him writing Nineteen Eighty-Four

You've never listened to Fatherson, have you?

Nope!

On 15/04/2022 at 10:09, Miguel Sanchez said:

- Anyone who uses it has absolutely no idea about Orwell's life or the rest of his writing prior to him writing Nineteen Eighty Four

Or thinks Orwell was a good Conservative and 1984 was a treatise against the dangers of Woke Culture.