Calling Cards of Morons

32 minutes ago, velo army said:

I never heard the first one, but the latter two are particularly awful.

It started (I think) as a way of taking the piss out of people who commented on local (usually missing persons) stories. If someone went missing in Fife and there was a police post, you’d find a dozen Facebook maws well-meaningly sharing and commenting “Shared, Govan” and the like.

“Hilarious” wits began mocking these wifies by commenting on literally any stupid thing with “Shared, X”. What they don’t seem to realise is that they’re all making basically the same joke and being just as cringy and annoying as what they’re making fun of.

Observe (and note that it wasnae funny the first time):

E430AA41-D34B-4D03-96DD-B18196B91C52.jpeg

6805DA23-B2BB-43AE-873D-D76730264323.jpeg

4E36B2DA-0AA2-4575-B00A-8A07DDBFF7C9.jpeg

812015A8-963B-4D0F-8BEE-5E369EE6F938.jpeg

Edited by Antlion

11 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Finishing batshit attempts at trolling with phrases like "I don't see this as a contentious point" and "there's nothing controversial about this".

Becoming remarkably common to do this while feigning surprise that anybody would disagree.

It’s known as the Vanessa Beeley defence.  

On 11/02/2022 at 09:07, Antlion said:

It started (I think) as a way of taking the piss out of people who commented on local (usually missing persons) stories. If someone went missing in Fife and there was a police post, you’d find a dozen Facebook maws well-meaningly sharing and commenting “Shared, Govan” and the like.

“Hilarious” wits began mocking these wifies by commenting on literally any stupid thing with “Shared, X”. What they don’t seem to realise is that they’re all making basically the same joke and being just as cringy and annoying as what they’re making fun of.

Observe (and note that it wasnae funny the first time):

E430AA41-D34B-4D03-96DD-B18196B91C52.jpeg

6805DA23-B2BB-43AE-873D-D76730264323.jpeg

4E36B2DA-0AA2-4575-B00A-8A07DDBFF7C9.jpeg

812015A8-963B-4D0F-8BEE-5E369EE6F938.jpeg

Excruciating to watch actual adults falling into these traps and thinking they are so clever and funny. Horrible.

11 hours ago, BFTD said:

Finishing batshit attempts at trolling with phrases like "I don't see this as a contentious point" and "there's nothing controversial about this".

Becoming remarkably common to do this while feigning surprise that anybody would disagree.

See also…someone getting their arse handed to them and responding with ”Looks like I got a few bites”

No, you didn’t. 

On 18/02/2022 at 12:45, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Wishing dead people a happy birthday.

I see this loads on Facebook, utterly ghoulish, attention seeking pish. 

Also the 'light a candle' for some deed fecker, appears on mother's Day frequently.