Calling Cards of Morons

On 13/12/2021 at 14:39, velo army said:

Good point. 

Up here there are folk who feed seagulls. It should carry an instant, on the spot death sentence (a Saudi style beheading ideally). 

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, philpy said:

Wearing balenciaga gear. Stuff Is honking, especially those trainers. 

35 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

I'm still convinced Balenciaga is a social experiment, to see how materialistically stupid humans can actually be.  

A guy I used to hang about with when we were kids walked into the pub and we had a catch up. I realised he had a Balenciaga jacket and remarked "that must have cost a fucking fortune" 

"Nah, it was only £120. Its fake." 

Oh No Friends GIF

I started getting followed around by a firm I've never heard of selling £4000 parkas, MooRER of Verona. No doubt Balenciaga will be next. Crap marketing, I'm usually a Primark man or M&S at a stretch. Although I have just ordered a nearly £300 leather jacket from another firm so maybe it's some clever subliminal tactic.

I laugh at people who obsess over designer gear. Couple of the office staff at work were doing so prior to a night out. "Look at the prada trainers I got, how cool Is the logo" "I've got my gucci jumpsuit for tonight, better make sure the gucci logo belt is on show"

3 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
3 hours ago, Hibernianification said:
Bargain at twice the price... Screenshot_20220111-191853_Chrome.thumb.jpg.30fb0e1dbbc54179d67dfa12b9b98de4.jpg

First I've heard of this make, hopefully will never hear of it again. Looks like something the guys fixing the roads wear.

I think that's the point. It's meant to be an ironic statement that you wear expensive gear with a label on it that looks like something a roadie would wear 

The only statement you're actually making is that you're a twat with too much money.

2 hours ago, philpy said:

I laugh at people who obsess over designer gear. Couple of the office staff at work were doing so prior to a night out. "Look at the prada trainers I got, how cool Is the logo" "I've got my gucci jumpsuit for tonight, better make sure the gucci logo belt is on show"

Guaranteed they’ll have sommelier level knowledge of pairing white claws and various battered items from the chip shop.

The only statement you're actually making is that you're a twat with too much money.

The thing is though, if it didn't work, people wouldn't do it. There are obviously a lot of people impressed by such behaviour. I don't really understand it myself.

If I see someone wearing very expensive gear at an airport or at an upmarket hotel then I think nothing of it, but my instinctual reaction to someone buying a £3 pint while wearing £300 trainers is that they're a bit of a twat.

There are people that wear expensive stuff because for them, it's not expensive. They buy it like we buy from Primark, TK Maxx, Tesco or whatever.

The people we know that wear expensive designer stuff thinks it makes them look like them. 

It doesn't. 

Overheard a guy complaining recently that, after arriving at Edinburgh Airport having been on a packed 5 hour flight from Turkey, he was really pissed off that he was transferred on a bus from the runway to the immigration hall.  The crammed bus with strangers wasn't observing the covid-safe space he deserved !!!

He'd just spent 5 hours in a large cannister breathing re-cycled air with said strangers  🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

The majority of the time I see folk with  ridiculously expensive designer gear on I automatically assume it's fake, especially when I know them and know roughly what they'd earn in their jobs or I assume they punt drugs on the side.

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

The thing is though, if it didn't work, people wouldn't do it. There are obviously a lot of people impressed by such behaviour. I don't really understand it myself.

If I see someone wearing very expensive gear at an airport or at an upmarket hotel then I think nothing of it, but my instinctual reaction to someone buying a £3 pint while wearing £300 trainers is that they're a bit of a twat.

I may not have spent much more than that on footwear since I became an adult.