Calling Cards of Morons

7 minutes ago, 101 said:

The house of commons has many morons but he plies his trade at Holyrood 

Pretty sure he was Westminster originally as I recall him taking Margaret Curran's seat in the Glasgow East constituency unless memory is playing tricks on me.

Aye he's the MSP for Shettleston.

Religious nutjob (my devout da likes him) and has the aura of a man who the chaps on "Criminal Minds" would refer to as "the unsub". 

E.T.A he took Curran's seat at a by-election, but she took it back at the general barely a year later iirc.

Edited by velo army

He was MP for GLasgow East but lost it in 2010 and then became an MSP.

The SNP won Glasgow East back in 2015, Natalie McGarry won it.   What a run for the people of Glasgow East, John Mason to Natalie McGarry.

9 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Those who pronounce the eighth letter of the alphabet as "haitch".

Yes yes yes!  The people who do this always retort with "But it's the sound it makes!"  They don't go around pronouncing W as 'wouble-you' though...

15 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Those who pronounce the eighth letter of the alphabet as "haitch".

Reputedly in the past was a sectarian indicator here in Melbourne. Catholic schools taught the "haitch" pronunciation

13 hours ago, Al666 said:

Refer to flip flops as sliders, a slider is a dollop of ice cream between two flat wafers.

A slider is a sandal-type thing with a single strap over the foot

aqyl101221_quiksilver,p_xbwb_frt1.jpg

A flip-flop (thong in Australia) has the bit that goes between your toesftp_m_magentoproduct_photos001997100_001

15 hours ago, ICTChris said:

He was MP for GLasgow East but lost it in 2010 and then became an MSP.

The SNP won Glasgow East back in 2015, Natalie McGarry won it.   What a run for the people of Glasgow East, John Mason to Natalie McGarry.

According to Wikipedia, John Mason supports Clyde.

Certainly explains a lot.

2 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:

Reputedly in the past was a sectarian indicator here in Melbourne. Catholic schools taught the "haitch" pronunciation

A slider is a sandal-type thing with a single strap over the foot

aqyl101221_quiksilver,p_xbwb_frt1.jpg

A flip-flop (thong in Australia) has the bit that goes between your toesftp_m_magentoproduct_photos001997100_001

I have cushions with that pattern.  Might tie them to my feet later.

43 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

People who buy NFT.

What the f**k is this shit? Remember people were dropping thousands to buy beanie babies? That’s you that is.

image.thumb.png.9d6b3c3b0b5ec7aa4bed7c0b0cf53c24.png

Try as I might, I just can't get my head round NFTs. I must be getting old.

People who buy NFT.
What the f**k is this shit? Remember people were dropping thousands to buy beanie babies? That’s you that is.

image.thumb.png.9d6b3c3b0b5ec7aa4bed7c0b0cf53c24.png
Firstly, there's far more to NFTs than simple .jpgs. It's not science fiction to think that the deed to your house will one day be an NFT rather than stored on a bit of paper in an Edinburgh building.

Secondly, there are people who have become millionaires from trading NFTs, I doubt they're all morons. It's like trading in any market, coming to a conclusion about something's value to you or how much value someone else will put on it in the future. What's the resale value of the art in your house?

18 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Yes yes oh god yes! It’s J as in Jay Leno. Not J as in Jai Quitongo.

‘Jie’ is just an older pronunciation of the letter that is extinct in England but still current in (parts of) Scotland.

The Oxford English Dictionary (1st edition) states: "The name of the letter, now jay, was formerly jy, rhyming with I, and corresponding to French ji; this is still common in Scotland and elsewhere."

I like it. It’s distinctively Scottish, is rich and satisfying to say, and (evidently) annoys some people, so what’s not to like?

I implore to you reject the milquetoast pronunciation ‘jay’ and discover the joys of ‘jie’

See you all in three years for my third P & B post.