Calling Cards of Morons

Being from the UK and never having lived in America yet using American words and pronunciations.  In the last few weeks I've had the same person refer to a number plate as a 'license plate', refer to a plaster as a 'band aid' and say that someone was a "malt-aye millionaire."

1 minute ago, Highland Capital said:

Being from the UK and never having lived in America yet using American words and pronunciations.  In the last few weeks I've had the same person refer to a number plate as a 'license plate', refer to a plaster as a 'band aid' and say that someone was a "malt-aye millionaire."

I never say the last two. :bag

6 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I'm blaming "nuculur" on the Americans. I've no evidence for this, but they're getting the blame anyway.

12 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Never knew licence plate was an Americanism. Boy, am i pissed. 

One particular Yankism that really rips my knitting is 'envision'. WTF?
I have regular spats with Mrs. FP regarding this. She refuses to use 'envisage'.
Is this grounds for divorce.?

1 hour ago, virginton said:

The season of Advent has already started champ. 

I'll bet these plebs with the 10kW garden displays out already don't even know what that is. Or means. 

Hence, morons. 

Thanks for playing. Champ ;) 

2 minutes ago, Al666 said:

Refer to flip flops as sliders, a slider is a dollop of ice cream between two flat wafers.

I thought it was those wee burgers you get in restaurants.