Calling Cards of Morons

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Folk who think getting young kids to swear is funny.

(Not to be confused with young kids coming out with the odd swear word unintentionally which can be very funny).

My cousin regularly posts "funny" pictures of her kids with the middle fingers up on Facebook. 

On 22/08/2021 at 08:06, ManBearPig said:

"Shithousery" - awful LadBiblesque patter.

I saw it applied in a tweet by someone at the Euros commenting on Italy's gamesmanship for the last 15 mins of a game after they had played really well up till then - something like "you got to hand it to the Italians; 75 mins of breathtaking football and 15 mins of complete shithousery". I thought that was applied quite well in that case. 

However when it is used more generically by "lads", to put a oneupmanship spin on one of their own player's consistent diving or ongoing dickish behaviour, then the ship has sailed on it. 

My cousin regularly posts "funny" pictures of her kids with the middle fingers up on Facebook. 

I just think getting kids to do stuff like that isn't remotely funny. My idiot sister in law couldn't wait to tell me my youngest (18 months old) kids latest word. And then showed me a video of her (SIL) saying "say bitch" and daughter then saying it. I don't know what sort of reaction she expected from me but a blank face clearly wasn't it. She's almost 30 ffs and has the mentality of a young teenager.

Like I say, when it's an innocent comment I find it pretty hilarious: my eldest (4) asked me if "p***k" was a bad word the other day and when I explained it she said "oh. Because papa calls you a p***k doesn't he?". I had to hide my smile in that instance.

On 23/08/2021 at 09:12, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Why are brick shithouses stronger than an actual house? Seems weird to me to build the crapper stronger than the actuall house.

19 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’ve always been baffled by that phrase as well.

Always thought it was use to describe someone (typically male) who was 'built like a brick shithouse'

old-brick-outhouse-against-trees-in-garden-WTEW7F.thumb.jpg.4d916260ec1a87a36c31b1172ce2e0dc.jpg

61u07onB8yL._AC_SX466_.jpg.3e6f9dfc2d4c5d0f977183820dcfe1f1.jpg

Arnold could be described as such a gentleman 🤔

21 hours ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Imagine having to go outside everytime you needed to curl one off.

I'd be shitting in plastic carrier bags no doubt. Or at least the back-in-the-day equivalent, a wicker basket or a bowler hat or some such. 

That's why they had pos in the old days.

Instead of going out in the freezing cold you just used the po and disposed of it in the morning.

Incidentally at one point in history there were collectors of "night soil", a bit like binmen. Urine was used in the manufacture of gunpowder and was thought of national importance in regard to the defence of the realm.

In one of Spike Milligan's war memoirs he gets pissed in London with some mates and hitches a lift back to barracks on the back of a truck. "We in the back shouted out "Nightsoil". Fortunately no-one had any to collect"

9 hours ago, scottsdad said:

That's frankly disturbing. I didn't know people did that sort of thing.

Yeah, it's funny when it's inadvertent. Like when I was driving with the family in the car on the A8 by Ingliston and a guy in a van in the inside lane nearly drove into us. I may have verbalised my feelings about the incident.

Ten seconds of silence broken by a little voice asking, "Dad, what's an arsehole?"

I did a lot of working from home after the wean was born, so he got to hear me inadvertently muttering oaths to myself at the computer when something had gone wrong. When he was three, I walked in on him sitting at my desk pretending to be me, tapping away at the keyboard, before doing an exaggerated display of annoyance and exclaiming "shitbuggers".

Been my favourite curse word since he invented it  :P

Always thought the term shithouse (used down south) referred to someone who was cowardly and spineless. A faint hearted attempt at winning the ball in a tackle might be described thus,...
“he pulled out the challenge there, shithouse”!

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

Always thought the term shithouse (used down south) referred to someone who was cowardly and spineless. A faint hearted attempt at winning the ball in a tackle might be described thus,...
“he pulled out the challenge there, shithouse”!

Yeah I've heard that too.  It's just a really pish insult.  Calling someone a shithouse doesn't even make sense to the context of it's use.

Growing up in the north-west of England, "Brick shithouse" referred to someone with whom you didn't want to mess. "Built like a brick shithouse" indicated he was a big, hard b*****d.

"Shitebag" on the other hand, was the cowardly, spineless type. Someone known for dirty tackling but then whining when he was on the wrong end of it, for example, is a Shitebag.

You're welcome. 

2 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Growing up in the north-west of England, "Brick shithouse" referred to someone with whom you didn't want to mess. "Built like a brick shithouse" indicated he was a big, hard b*****d.

"Shitebag" on the other hand, was the cowardly, spineless type. Someone known for dirty tackling but then whining when he was on the wrong end of it, for example, is a Shitebag.

You're welcome. 

This is what I know of these terms also.

11 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

People who claim that America is the greatest country in the world.

That's the premise of the opening scene of the first episode of the The Newsroom, Aaron Sorkin's liberal wet dream about a cable news station. It's still regarded as controversial in the US to say it's not the greatest country in the world, even though it very clearly isn't even close.

4 hours ago, GordonS said:

That's the premise of the opening scene of the first episode of the The Newsroom, Aaron Sorkin's liberal wet dream about a cable news station. It's still regarded as controversial in the US to say it's not the greatest country in the world, even though it very clearly isn't even close.

What would be the greatest country in the world?

I'd go for Switzerland. They've a high standard of living, spectacular scenery and they're not daft enough to get involved in silly wars. They also make tasty chocolate and handy little penknives.

13 minutes ago, Paul Kersey said:

What would be the greatest country in the world?

I'd go for Switzerland. They've a high standard of living, spectacular scenery and they're not daft enough to get involved in silly wars. They also make tasty chocolate and handy little penknives.

The flag is also a big plus,

Spoiler

Etc etc

The wonderful UK is the greatest country in the world. This Govt say we have a world beating C-19 track and trace app, are the quickest at vaccine distribution, and have told us that the UK have lifted more people out of Afghanistan than any other country. It is widely accepted that the UK does "pomp and ceremony" better than anyone else, have the best armed forces in the world, the best police force as well as the best music. This is announced and reinforced regularly so must be true. 

little-angry-man-punch.gif