Calling Cards of Morons

10 minutes ago, coprolite said:

They take away unwanted social interaction and let me buy haemorrhoid cream and johnnies without embarrassment. That's worth a few livelihoods. 

They seem to create skilled jobs for the maintenance of the machines, I've yet to hear anyone who was fired from a supermarket because of self checkout machines, moved to shelf stacking maybe but not let go completely 

They seem to create skilled jobs for the maintenance of the machines, I've yet to hear anyone who was fired from a supermarket because of self checkout machines, moved to shelf stacking maybe but not let go completely 
People dont need to be "fired" for the machines to result in a decay of staffing numbers. They can still cost jobs.

8 minutes ago, Torpar said:

Tesco to cut 4,500 jobs at 153 UK outlets in latest redundancies | Tesco | The Guardian

Fewer people, shorter hours. Why have one person for self-service and one on a till when you can have one on self-service?

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
18 minutes ago, Torpar said:

People dont need to be "fired" for the machines to result in a decay of staffing numbers. They can still cost jobs.

That's true, I should have worded it better, people seem to believe that using the self checkout machine will result in people being laid off from their job

6 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Tesco to cut 4,500 jobs at 153 UK outlets in latest redundancies | Tesco | The Guardian

Fewer people, shorter hours. Why have one person for self-service and one on a till when you can have one on self-service?

You can read between the lines and assume that self checkout machines contribute towards those jobs losses, but it doesn't mention it once in the article 

Just now, Torpar said:

That's true, I should have worded it better, people seem to believe that using the self checkout machine will result in people being laid off from their job

You can read between the lines and assume that self checkout machines contribute towards those jobs losses, but it doesn't mention it once in the article 

Let's just say I'm speaking from experience.

It's also fairly easy to recognise that even without shifting to self-service or scan as you shop models in supermarkets that there's not going to be as many jobs for fixing the machines as there would be in the shops, and that not everyone who works in the shops would be able to get jobs fixing the machines. 

The true calling card of the moron is refusing to use self-service tills in the belief it's keeping anyone in a job. You're an increasingly small percentage of the customer base, and in most cases you're probably making it harder for the person you're getting to serve you.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Let's just say I'm speaking from experience.

It's also fairly easy to recognise that even without shifting to self-service or scan as you shop models in supermarkets that there's not going to be as many jobs for fixing the machines as there would be in the shops, and that not everyone who works in the shops would be able to get jobs fixing the machines. 

The true calling card of the moron is refusing to use self-service tills in the belief it's keeping anyone in a job. You're an increasingly small percentage of the customer base, and in most cases you're probably making it harder for the person you're getting to serve you.

I’ve said this before but I’m more than comfortable using the self check outs morally when I see swathes of Tesco employees using them on their breaks rather than a normal till. 

It’s maybe moronic but god bless anyone who doesn’t realise how utterly powerless they are.

Anyway, time to feel superior I didn’t go on Amazon the past couple of days.

5 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

People who throw away their loose change.

The US Treasury reckons 62 million dollars of loose change is lost every year. I have read the UK equivalent is several millions too.

All I need is time and an electromagnet and I'll be quids in.

On 11/06/2021 at 14:41, DiegoDiego said:

Absolutely, but the person who sparked my post then complains about struggling to pay her bills. There's no quantumly linked facsimile-cake somewhere else in the universe which you can have while you dine on the one in front of you.

Woah!

Ah, that figures:

Screenshot 2021-06-22 at 23.46.27.png

16 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Is there nothing in this though? I have always somewhat lazily assumed it to be true, but I was in Stenny ASDA the other day and they have changed it so where there used to be probably a dozen manned checkouts there are now only about 3 and it now has the highest ratio of self checkouts I can think of seeing. I dont see how that can fail to result in job cuts?

Eta, even if we are not directly there yet, its the thin end of the wedge

I was speaking to a lassie I know in there just after they did the rearrangement, and she was telling me that it didn't cost jobs, because.....I can't remember as I was thinking about her knockers by that point.

One of my mates was lifted on Friday on gun charges. He was arrested as he left his house by armed police just as he took a bite from a hot dog. 

The gun charges have been dropped (he's been fighting with neighbours and I think he's threatened to shoot him but he denies that) but the fucking moron is adamant to try and get one up on the Polis he's claiming back the cost of the hot dogs. 

28 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

One of my mates was lifted on Friday on gun charges. He was arrested as he left his house by armed police just as he took a bite from a hot dog. 

The gun charges have been dropped (he's been fighting with neighbours and I think he's threatened to shoot him but he denies that) but the fucking moron is adamant to try and get one up on the Polis he's claiming back the cost of the hot dogs. 

Sounds like a nice guy.

Tbf I'd be raging if they wasted a hot dog, no moron here.

ETA except the grassing neighbour

This is a minor plot thread from an episode of The Shield

Me not using self service will probably help delay the robot takeover, I don't agree with appeasement. 

ETA - It's also a bit like when you go to a restaurant and order a steak and they bring out the wee hot stone to cook it yourself, disgraceful practice. 

Edited by Stormzy