Calling Cards of Morons

Pretty much anything my idiot sister-in-law does or says would be a valid entry into this thread but the latest one may well be her best yet. I don't think I've heard anything so fucking stupid in my life.

To the surprise of no one, she's an anti-vaxxer (with absolutely no evidence based views, she just craves the attention) and my Mrs just messaged to say she had asked her why she isn't getting it and her response was "I'm healthy so I don't need it. It's like giving someone chemotherapy who doesn't have cancer".

I'm quite glad I wasn't there as I think I might have chucked a cup at her. Complete fuckwit of a lassie.

21 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Pretty much anything my idiot sister-in-law does or says would be a valid entry into this thread but the latest one may well be her best yet. I don't think I've heard anything so fucking stupid in my life.

To the surprise of no one, she's an anti-vaxxer (with absolutely no evidence based views, she just craves the attention) and my Mrs just messaged to say she had asked her why she isn't getting it and her response was "I'm healthy so I don't need it. It's like giving someone chemotherapy who doesn't have cancer".

I'm quite glad I wasn't there as I think I might have chucked a cup at her. Complete fuckwit of a lassie.

Someone I used to work with (giving Covid advice) literally said they didn't trust the vaccine because cancer's been around for ages and nobody's sorted that out yet.

Like a real life Super Hans.  

1 minute ago, BigDoddyKane said:

Anyone who argues about anything online

your wrong dickhead!

actually i don't mind it on P&B for some reason , it just feels like it's ok for a bit of debate and can pass some time , we're actually not as daft as we make out to be

but i do cringe at those who do it on facebook comments sections, anything around football or politics or current events most often becomes very childish very quickly 

Just now, effeffsee_the2nd said:

your wrong dickhead!

actually i don't mind it on P&B for some reason , it just feels like it's ok for a bit of debate and can pass some time , we're actually not as daft as we make out to be

but i do cringe at those who do it on facebook comments sections, anything around football or politics or current events most often becomes very childish very quickly 

Im a reformed moron so i should know

im not including reasoned debate in this though just when anyone gets angry about it and debate becomes an argument

Not that you would eat it, but only found out recently that asbestos is natural.
One of the reasons nobody believed Marco Polo was that he said these Central Asian folk chucked their tablecloths in the fire to clean them. Turns out they were made of asbestos.

1 hour ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

your wrong dickhead!

A particular manifestation which appears frequently on the Hearts bits of the internet, but probably happens elsewhere, is the fan who thinks that being more angry about a disappointing result or run of form means you are a better supporter.  This leads on to a type magical thinking that people who aren't incandescent with rage about conceding that late equaliser are part of the problem and if only everybody was more angry then these things wouldn't happen

On 02/06/2021 at 11:51, 19QOS19 said:

f**k me

17 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

A particular manifestation which appears frequently on the Hearts bits of the internet, but probably happens elsewhere, is the fan who thinks that being more angry about a disappointing result or run of form means you are a better supporter.  This leads on to a type magical thinking that people who aren't incandescent with rage about conceding that late equaliser are part of the problem and if only everybody was more angry then these things wouldn't happen

The type of fans who are absolutely furious should a player dare to smile or joke after a defeat.

If a player actually has the gall to go out after a defeat then a rage induced aneurysm is a real possibility for these fans.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The type of fans who are absolutely furious should a player dare to smile or joke after a defeat.

If a player actually has the gall to go out after a defeat then a rage induced aneurysm is a real possibility for these fans.

When 99.99% of all players who ever play for your team won't actually support that team and it's just another club they play for as their job as a footballer.  Those fans are massive arseholes.

They will, of course, all support Celtic or Rangers.

23 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

They are also likely to say they have a ‘winning mentality’. Of course, they don’t apply it to their own life, just supporting a football team. 

They are also likely to say they have a ‘winning mentality’. Of course, they don’t apply it to their own life, just supporting a football team. 
Football and the club you support can play an important part of your life, yet still be taken far too seriously by some.

It doesn't mean you don't care if you aren't permenantly raging, or boring others with details about your club, or arguing tooth and nail against any criticism of said club.

Folk who do these things/think are borderline intolerable.

Ed Smith, former England Cricketer, wrote a very good book called “Luck” where amongst other things he debunks the idea of needing to be “the team that wants it more”.

“Wanting it” is good to a point but actually being desperate is more likely to mean you freeze under pressure.