Calling Cards of Morons

26 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

People who say they've "done their own research".  It's almost always used by people looking for a reason to justify the opinion they already hold.

Great comic value to be had from asking for their sources, though.

9-1 on it'll amount to, "some bloke off Facebook/YouTube".

9 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Great comic value to be had from asking for their sources, though.

9-1 on it'll amount to, "some bloke off Facebook/YouTube".

The last person who used the line told me was when they were telling me why they weren't having the Covid jab.  The research included "it affects fertility" and "it hasn't been tested properly" - both untrue.  They also said that unlike other vaccines this hadn't be as rigorously tested as the usual ones you have when you're a child...but it transpired they hadn't had those ones either.

Edited by Highland Capital

Just seen an auld boy coming out of Lidl on a mobility scooter. Came from behind a display of plants so I could just see his head and the top of the scooter. I stopped to let him pass me, then I seen a custom made reg plate, both front and back, that said ALL LIVES MATTER.

Wish id jammed my trolley right into the c**t

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Just seen an auld boy coming out of Lidl on a mobility scooter. Came from behind a display of plants so I could just see his head and the top of the scooter. I stopped to let him pass me, then I seen a custom made reg plate, both front and back, that said ALL LIVES MATTER.

Wish id jammed my trolley right into the c**t

Was he wearing a Rangers top per chance?

11 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

The last person who used the line told me was when they were telling me why they weren't having the Covid jab.  The research included "it affects fertility" and "it hasn't been tested properly" - both untrue.  They also said that unlike other vaccines this hadn't be as rigorously tested as the usual ones you have when you're a child...but it transpired they hadn't had those ones either.

And like the morons in Bolton, absolute nap he’ll be a seething mess and it’ll be somebody else’s fault when he’s lying in a hospital bed.

3 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

And like the morons in Bolton, absolute nap he’ll be a seething mess and it’ll be somebody else’s fault when he’s lying in a hospital bed.

Also didn't believe in lockdown as we should just 'live our lives'. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

Using the terms 'old soul' or 'born in the wrong generation' when describing oneself. Nah m9 you just happen to enjoy some older music.

That kind of pish is usually being used as a front for the standard, "look at me over here, being better than you" stuff, considering it's often accompanied by moaning about the modern world being awful and the rest of their generation being thickos.

8 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Using the terms 'old soul' or 'born in the wrong generation' when describing oneself. Nah m9 you just happen to enjoy some older music.

I quite like Beethoven and Mozart.

Damn, I should have been born an Austrian hussar fighting against Napoleon

8 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
1 hour ago, velo army said:
Mmmmm, digitalis and most mushrooms. 

Socrates was famously delighted when his punishment was merely drinking an all-natural hemlock smoothie.

Superfoods mate.