Calling Cards of Morons

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Can't remember which thread Top Cat posted about folk who rant on about what they would do to folk who hurt their kids, but it made me think of another phrase that morons say...

"Don't mistake my kindness for weakness".

Absolutely the phrase of a moron

If you can’t handle me at my worst, you don’t deserve me at my best.

4 hours ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

There were several cars parked across two spaces and someone more sympathetic to such pish explained to me that people apparently do that to avoid their cars being scratched. 

They're just pretending to be well off. They wish they were well off. 

Well off people don't care if their car gets scratched or dented. They just go buy another one. Actually they probably don't. They run about in old land rovers and subaru's that they've owned from new. They didn't get rich wasting money on fucking 'posh' cars. 

4 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Imagine spending your life trying to get rich so you can spend that money on... looking rich.

I suspect this is the driving force in @Abby Normal existence. To have enough money to buy an African dictator rig out and be shod (or loafered?) by the cobbler to the stars

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I suspect this is the driving force in @Abby Normal existence. To have enough money to buy an African dictator rig out and be shod (or loafered?) by the cobbler to the stars

Pretty much look like either a trampy pirate or a MAMIL these days. Greatly enjoyed leaving several bags of smart casual gear out in charity shop bags the other day as I have no need for it now. 

The toffs often get derided by us commoners, but in my experience toffs are usually alright.  It's new money who are the horrors.
Billy Connolly did a sketch on that. He said that the working class and super rich actually get on ok as both tend to be a bit bat shit crazy. It's the middle folk that f**k it up - the v-neck wearing volvo drivers as he put it.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
21 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:
The toffs often get derided by us commoners, but in my experience toffs are usually alright.  It's new money who are the horrors.

Billy Connolly did a sketch on that. He said that the working class and super rich actually get on ok as both tend to be a bit bat shit crazy. It's the middle folk that f**k it up - the v-neck wearing volvo drivers as he put it.

Just reread that joke in one of his books the other day, the punchline about the house is superb.

A niche set of moron is the type who get a private reg to match the car eg X5 ABC for their BMW X5. Extra moron points for the ones who have since traded in the X5 and are now driving about the suburbs in some other brand of Chelsea tractor which doesn’t match the plate.

4 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

In terms of being obnoxious about cash there's an element of truth to this, but we live in Scotland and the lairds haven't exactly covered themselves in glory historically.

4 hours ago, Snobot said:

A niche set of moron is the type who get a private reg to match the car eg X5 ABC for their BMW X5. Extra moron points for the ones who have since traded in the X5 and are now driving about the suburbs in some other brand of Chelsea tractor which doesn’t match the plate.

Folk with the performance Audis are bad for this.  S3 or S4 then their initials.  

Just been stuck behind a car on a stretch of road with a lot of speed bumps. The muppet crawled over the first speed bump then absolutely shot off. And continued to do this the whole way. When she shot off she was a fair distance away from me but it took her that long to get over the speed bump I'd caught up (maintaining the same speed) and in some cases had to brake and lower gear. She'd then shoot off, leaving smoke in her wake, I'd trundle along and catch up when the fuckwit is crawling over the next speed bump. I began by shaking my head in disbelief but by the end of the road I was actually laughing at her carry on. A complete moron.

On 08/04/2021 at 11:15, Highland Capital said:

It hurts me to see how Aberdeen has suffered in recent years. But going back 10-15 years to the 'good times', the cash that young guys in Aberdeen came into in the oil industry produced some of the worst cuntish behaviour going. So many absolute arseholes.

58 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It hurts me to see how Aberdeen has suffered in recent years. But going back 10-15 years to the 'good times', the cash that young guys in Aberdeen came into in the oil industry produced some of the worst cuntish behaviour going. So many absolute arseholes.

I go to the football with a few lads who work offshore and he told me when they got off the helicopter in Dyce they wen't straight to the pub near the airport (Spider's Web?) and a few dealers would be there waiting for them and they'd be dropping £300 odd on beak and all fire into the toilets at once to snort it.  Apparently it was mental in there the days the offshore lads got onto dry land.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I go to the football with a few lads who work offshore and he told me when they got off the helicopter in Dyce they wen't straight to the pub near the airport (Spider's Web?) and a few dealers would be there waiting for them and they'd be dropping £300 odd on beak and all fire into the toilets at once to snort it.  Apparently it was mental in there the days the offshore lads got onto dry land.

Would not surprise me at all.

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Would not surprise me at all.

I should add my 2 mates didn’t do it as far as I’m aware. Just the guys on the helicopter with them.