Calling Cards of Morons

On 23/08/2020 at 15:00, Todd_is_God said:

Bellshill train station has a bizarrely large amount of disabled spaces, none of which are ever used, which is frustrating as the car park is often otherwise full.

That you need to walk about 200m from them, down an incline, across a busy road, and then up a long, not insignificant, incline to reach the station is probably why.

I never park in a disabled space, but these spaces in particular seem to be there purely to tick a box, rather than actually assist those who need them.

I'd never actually thought about that. The Parking space at Bellshill was a godsend when they built it but if you are disabled it's a c**t to get to the station from.

On 24/08/2020 at 02:24, Boo Khaki said:

I swear Bellshill train station is one of the bleakest, most soul-destroying places I've ever been in my life. And I've been to Fraserburgh.

That's just not true compared to some of the glasgow slums efforts

On 24/08/2020 at 14:21, accies1874 said:

Bothwell is awful.

It is such a shite place. Right up itself. It's a midden with a scheme of expensive houses in the wids.

1 minute ago, Busta Nut said:

That's just not true compared to some of the glasgow slums efforts

I'll take your word for it. About the only place I've ever been in Glasgow outside the centre was Riddrie and Easterhouse in the late 1990's. Braw folk for the most part, but I've scrubbed the mental picture of the place from my mind.

I did end up on an Edinburgh to Glasgow Central low-level train a few years back when the normal route was being worked on. A fair few 'eye-openers' along the way right enough.

12 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I'll take your word for it. About the only place I've ever been in Glasgow outside the centre was Riddrie and Easterhouse in the late 1990's. Braw folk for the most part, but I've scrubbed the mental picture of the place from my mind.

I did end up on an Edinburgh to Glasgow Central low-level train a few years back when the normal route was being worked on. A fair few 'eye-openers' along the way right enough.

Having communities on that line I would like to nominate Drumgelloch as the bleakest station I've seen. Except perhaps, one of the Port Glasgow stations (Woodhall I think it was)

Edited by Turkmenbashi
Spelling

Some guys take a black and white Union flag to Pars game. Always makes me seriously reconsider my football team when I see it.
It's nice that there are some things that transcend rivalries and can be rounded on by everyone. In this day and age, use of a Union Jack is basically irredeemable.