Calling Cards of Morons

32 minutes ago, Torpar said:

Who are these people getting kebabs when currywurst is on the menu?? 

Why does nowhere really punt it here absolute travesty. 

Edited by itzdrk

On 18/08/2020 at 16:59, The Moonster said:

When we were in Berlin we were looking for something to eat and noticed that this food van had a ridiculous queue for it at almost all times of the day. We thought to ourselves it must be tremendous so queued up for about half an hour to get a fairly straightforward kebab. Couldn't understand it.

We went to Antalya Bistro since it was near our hotel, seriously class scran situation. 

Spoiler

IMG_20200314_193412.thumb.jpg.de98eb265d1ea501c05416af74d0bf6e.jpg

7 hours ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Probably been said before but people who knew something/a band or whatever before they went viral/mainstream and then get all high and mighty when everyone starts to show an interest. As if they are entitled to some sort of respect for it or something. Strange behaviour.

Agreed. I've encountered people who seem to think that they deserve a medal for reading a book before the film adaptation was released. 

A lot of backpacker/gap year types are particularly bad for this kind of thing. 

Of course, I went to Ko Samui when it was still  good, before it got fucked up.

30 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

. I've encountered people who seem to think that they deserve a medal for reading a book before the film adaptation was released. 

I knew about them before you. 

FFS!!!! 🙄

Probably been said before but people who knew something/a band or whatever before they went viral/mainstream and then get all high and mighty when everyone starts to show an interest. As if they are entitled to some sort of respect for it or something. Strange behaviour.
Used to pal about with a boy a bit like this but it was in regards to band's best songs. Every popular band song he would always say "that isn't even [insert band]'s best song]". He'd never give his opinion on what their best one was, just knock the popular one. Strange behaviour.

4 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Of course, I went to Ko Samui when it was still  good, before it got fucked up.

People were saying that when I was there nearly 30 years ago. And my sister tells me they were saying it when she was there, almost 10 years before that. So unless these people are pushing 60, there’s a fair chance they’re full of it. 

4 hours ago, Shotgun said:

People were saying that when I was there nearly 30 years ago. And my sister tells me they were saying it when she was there, almost 10 years before that. So unless these people are pushing 60, there’s a fair chance they’re full of it. 

Yeah. It's backpacker bullshit number one and I've heard variations of it many times. 

I'd also like to give a shout out to the sort of whiny food snobs who won't shut up about how the Massaman soup in their local Thai restaurant is nothing like the stuff they ate in Krabi.

Anybody who wants to eat authentic Thai food should be forced to spend the next 24 hours squatting over an authentic Thai toilet IMO.

This is just age-old standard hipster stuff, is it not?

"Oh, of course you would like Pretty Fly (for a White Guy) - they only released that as a joke. All their good stuff is on the albums. You won't have heard it. That's the stuff they actually put effort in to."

This is just age-old standard hipster stuff, is it not?
"Oh, of course you would like Pretty Fly (for a White Guy) - they only released that as a joke. All their good stuff is on the albums. You won't have heard it. That's the stuff they actually put effort in to."
Nah, no effort into their first album, just a TSOL rip off. What, you've not heard of them? Pfft!

Folk who park in a parent and child space when they don't have any children in the car.

Sorry, it's not for if you have children, it's for if you have children with you, you lazy, daft arseholes.  See so much of it at places like Aldi and Asda.

Folk who park in a parent and child space when they don't have any children in the car.
Sorry, it's not for if you have children, it's for if you have children with you, you lazy, daft arseholes.  See so much of it at places like Aldi and Asda.
99% Range Rovers and BMWs, they're too important to have to walk from a normal space.

I think I should be allowed to park in them when I take my Mum to the supermarket. She's the parent and I'm the child[emoji23]

4 hours ago, Empty It said:
4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

99% Range Rovers and BMWs, they're too important to have to walk from a normal space.

I assumed it was because these spaces are bigger and they seem to treat there car like it's their baby. Sad fucks

5 hours ago, TheScarf said:

This is a complete pain in the arse. Park in a quieter bit of the car park rather than using a parent and child space.

Until I had to use them I never realised how much folk abuse disabled spaces! Supermarkets definitely up there as the worst places for it.

6 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I park in them only after 8 pm on the basis that it's past the wee b*****ds' bedtimes. 

It's strange given the record levels of childhood obesity that the parent and child spaces aren't the furthest away to give them some badly needed exercise.