Calling Cards of Morons

'adults' who refer to comics for 'adults' as 'graphic novels' in attempt to give the impression that they are somehow not just comics for 'adults'

there is no real shame in reading (looking at ?) comics for 'adults' but at least have the common decency to call them what they are !

'adults' who refer to comics for 'adults' as 'graphic novels' in attempt to give the impression that they are somehow not just comics for 'adults'
there is no real shame in reading (looking at ?) comics for 'adults' but at least have the common decency to call them what they are !
Not a fan of either but a comic and a graphic novel are two different things.

20 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

I see that as being similar to how literary snobs draw a line between the works of Shakespeare and Tolstoy, and the latest blockbuster to emerge from the pen of the ghostwriter employed by Katie Price's publishers.

On 04/08/2020 at 14:56, Busta Nut said:

If you stuck a tenner on Celtic to win every week, what kinda profit would ye make?

With last season's premiership results from football-data.co.uk and using the Bet365 odds on the table, surprisingly you'd make one

For an outlay of £300, you'd win £331.10, so £31.10. Very decent.

For Rangers, you'd lose £4.30, off £290 outlay (they had a postponed game)

For Hearts, you'd lose £126.50

If you spent the season betting against Hearts, you'd win £80.10, though that would require remarkable foresight.

Edit: The big money is in betting ON Hamilton, or against Rangers; £118 and £136 respectively, though that's on the strength of Accies beating Rangers at Ibrox for about the 5th time in a hundred years, which would have net you £210..

Edited by Aim Here

3 hours ago, Aim Here said:

With last season's premiership results from football-data.co.uk and using the Bet365 odds on the table, surprisingly you'd make one

For an outlay of £300, you'd win £331.10, so £31.10. Very decent.

For Rangers, you'd lose £4.30, off £290 outlay (they had a postponed game)

For Hearts, you'd lose £126.50

If you spent the season betting against Hearts, you'd win £80.10, though that would require remarkable foresight.

Edit: The big money is in betting ON Hamilton, or against Rangers; £118 and £136 respectively, though that's on the strength of Accies beating Rangers at Ibrox for about the 5th time in a hundred years, which would have net you £210..

image.jpg

People with designer/patterned/logoed face masks... talk about missing the fucking point. Any opportunity for this miserable species to differentiate themselves and they grab it with 2 hands

3 hours ago, Doctor said:

People with designer/patterned/logoed face masks... talk about missing the fucking point. Any opportunity for this miserable species to differentiate themselves and they grab it with 2 hands

Don’t see the problem with what folk have on a mask as long as they are wearing one.

Folk who hate cats.

Not the folk who just dont particularly like cats, the ones who for some bizarre reason rant at disproportionate levels about how cats should be killed/shot/poisoned or whatever else for passing through their garden.

I have known a good few of these and it has always been a pretty strong indicator of moron.

36 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Folk who hate cats.

Not the folk who just dont particularly like cats, the ones who for some bizarre reason rant at disproportionate levels about how cats should be killed/shot/poisoned or whatever else for passing through their garden.

I have known a good few of these and it has always been a pretty strong indicator of moron.

Aye, the "your cat took a dump in my herbaceous border!" crew.

Hate to break it to you, but there are all manner of small animals and insects shitting, shagging, giving birth, and murdering each other in there all the live-long day. Maybe a bit of concrete might help with your sanity. Just don't think too hard about the microbes living on and in your body, feeding on your precious bodily fluids.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Folk who hate cats.

20200605_235023.thumb.jpg.50839e2a71c1fc865c7969f057d4a7f4.jpg

18 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Is betting ever week on Celtic for 30 sheets profit at the end of the season the calling card of a moron or not?

Only as much as supporting them is.

I'm not interested in betting, but I can't imagine the thrill of seeing your £30 mount up over the season would be particularly absorbing.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

On 04/08/2020 at 13:54, pandarilla said:

Pretty much this for me, too.

I budget for a tenner a week, and any winnings are a bonus.

I usually work out roughly even over a season. Maybe slightly up or down.

I have rules I stick to. Only bet on football, no more than 4 games per accumulator. 

The only stupid bets I make are after 4 pre-match pints if Scotland are playing. Even then it's nothing major.

Having said all that, the bookies I go to in Govan is so depressing that I haven't placed on a game for ages.

18 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Folk who hate cats.

Nope. Don't trust them.

cat1.jpg