Calling Cards of Morons

1 hour ago, Angusfifer said:

I fell out with my mum over that very issue, as I refused to correct my two children as it was common usage in the playground. Never felt comfortable with the "speak proper English" argument. 

Your mother is right.

5 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

The length of the queue.

Stylish bunch in Dunfermline. Seems half the town were having a wee day out at their favourite wardrobe store

Where else can you get 300 pairs of six fingered gloves for under a fiver?

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

When I was a kid and said 'youse' my parents would always retort with 'Ewes are female sheep'.

Every time.

To be fair to them it worked as I stopped saying it.

What do you say when you want to reference female sheep now?

Just now, Shotgun said:

What do you say when you want to reference female sheep now?

Wid.

No, I would say 'ewes'. 

Edited by DA Baracus

35 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

This conversation reminds me of the poster on here who hit out with 'dillion' as an example of a Scots word. Several pages of trying to work out wtf they meant later I realised they were saying 'dull yin' - as in what you might say if someone hit their head off something. 

Baffling.

Mispelling and confusion is more common with Scots and slang words because they’re not often written down except by dafties on social media. Part of the blame for this is the types on this thread who cringe and tell their children off for using useful and innocuous words like “yous”. This leads to mass confusion over whether (for example) it’s weans, weins or wains (it’s weans).

However, I’m not sure it’d ever be a struggle to work out dillion or dullion was “dull yin” as that is exactly how it is pronounced. See me after class.

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Grown adults who get wet over Disney+. It shows exclusively cartoons. Fucking grow up.

Does it not have all the marvel films and star wars films?

On 02/07/2020 at 09:19, The OP said:

Mispelling and confusion is more common with Scots and slang words because they’re not often written down except by dafties on social media. Part of the blame for this is the types on this thread who cringe and tell their children off for using useful and innocuous words like “yous”. This leads to mass confusion over whether (for example) it’s weans, weins or wains (it’s weans).

However, I’m not sure it’d ever be a struggle to work out dillion or dullion was “dull yin” as that is exactly how it is pronounced. See me after class.

Growing up I always assumed the word was dillion, it was just people's accents making it sound like a u.