Calling Cards of Morons

Joe Rogan’s podcast has its moments. Off the top of my head I’ve really enjoyed David Goggins, Elon Musk, Steve-O, Lance Armstrong, Edward Snowden, Kevin Hart, Mike Tyson and my absolute favourite being Nick Yarris. Nick Yarris spent 22 years on death row in The States for a crime he didn’t commit. His story is fucking incredible.

I listened to Joe Rogan's interview with Tom Green the other day and it reminded me of how much I used to love The Tom Green Show. Sounds like he was pished during the making of most if it which, in hindsight, makes sense.

13 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Let me clarify to say, I have listened to quite a few episodes of Joe Rogan's podcast and some of the guests and the discussions can be quite interesting.  For some reason though he seems to have attract a certain type of crowd.  From what I can see, his fanbase seems to be almost exclusively younger white males, who are fairly sharply dressed with a sharp haircut, who have pro-Trump, pro-Brexit and far right politics and constantly describe themselves as "libertarians".

Ah, you mean cúnts. OK.

Joe Rogan’s podcast has its moments. Off the top of my head I’ve really enjoyed David Goggins, Elon Musk, Steve-O, Lance Armstrong, Edward Snowden, Kevin Hart, Mike Tyson and my absolute favourite being Nick Yarris. Nick Yarris spent 22 years on death row in The States for a crime he didn’t commit. His story is fucking incredible.
Yarris is an amazing story. Verge of tears.

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
22 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:
Seen a video of the Dunfermline Primark.
Jesus fucking wept

The queues or something bammy?

I haven't seen the video but I'm told the queues were down the New Row past The Alhambra.

I’ve only really watched the Neil deGrasse Tyson, Louis Theroux and Leah Remini ones in spite of, rather than because of, Joe Rogan. Guarantees you get lots of recommendations saying (annoyingly voiced, meaningless buzzphrase spouting weirdo) “Jordan Peterson DESTROYS radical feminazi”.

Although in his defence he doesn’t showboat like your traditional talk show host and just lets smart/interesting people talk. The flip side of this is he seems quite gullible and open to believing quite a lot of nonsense.

Edited by The OP

I haven't seen the video but I'm told the queues were down the New Row past The Alhambra.
Wow, didn't think it was that bad.
40000 pairs of shit things please.

Just buy more expensive less often. My sister used to buy bags of stuff all the time. £2 for a pair of shoes, wow.
Aye, they're shit.

59 minutes ago, The OP said:

I’ve only really watched the Neil deGrasse Tyson, Louis Theroux and Leah Remini ones in spite of, rather than because of, Joe Rogan. Guarantees you get lots of recommendations saying (annoyingly voiced, meaningless buzzphrase spouting weirdo) “Jordan Peterson DESTROYS radical feminazi”.

Although in his defence he doesn’t showboat like your traditional talk show host and just lets smart/interesting people talk. The flip side of this is he seems quite gullible and open to believing quite a lot of nonsense.

He's a really credulous man with a huge platform which is good when Bernie Sanders is telling him about Medicare for All but bad when Jordan Peterson is advocating turning your stomach into a cement mixer

4 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Wow, didn't think it was that bad.
40000 pairs of shit things please.

Just buy more expensive less often. My sister used to buy bags of stuff all the time. £2 for a pair of shoes, wow.
Aye, they're shit.

Then you have to wear the same thing repeatedly. Which is apparently bad. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:
People who use the word "yous" or even worse, people who intend you use the horrid word "yous" and write "use".

I hate it when folk write "youse"

:green

20 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:
On 29/06/2020 at 22:54, Gaz FFC said:
Seen a video of the Dunfermline Primark.
Jesus fucking wept

The queues or something bammy?

The length of the queue.

Stylish bunch in Dunfermline. Seems half the town were having a wee day out at their favourite wardrobe store

4 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

People who use the word "yous" or even worse, people who intend you use the horrid word "yous" and write "use".

I fell out with my mum over that very issue, as I refused to correct my two children as it was common usage in the playground. Never felt comfortable with the "speak proper English" argument. 

20 hours ago, NotThePars said:

He's a really credulous man with a huge platform which is good when Bernie Sanders is telling him about Medicare for All but bad when Jordan Peterson is advocating turning your stomach into a cement mixer

Yep, this is spot-on.

I don't think Rogan himself is alt-right, but he gives them a platform and lends credibility to folk with pretty abhorrent views.