Calling Cards of Morons

Getting paid to watch TV, the real morons are the ones that watch people watching TV.
You've just described the plot of one of Britain's best sitcoms in The Royle Family.

Gogglebox is good viewing for the most part.

May or may not have been mentioned on this thread before, but people who use the word 'myself' instead of simply saying 'me'.

Invariably utter simpletons who - for some unfathomable reason - have become convinced that 'myself' is a formal version of 'me'. It is not.

The tragic thing about it is that these people do this because they think it makes them sound more intelligent.

I usually encounter it in a work context where some p***k will say something like, "Of course, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact myself or any of the Finance team". - What the f**k are you talking about? Contact myself? Why?

Got an email from some tit this morning encouraging me to contact 'myself' if necessary. I'd make use of this kind of language a sackable offence, if not one punishable by imprisonment.

Edited by JTS98

3 hours ago, JTS98 said:

May or may not have been mentioned on this thread before, but people who use the word 'myself' instead of simply saying 'me'.

Invariably utter simpletons who - for some unfathomable reason - have become convinced that 'myself' is a formal version of 'me'. It is not.

The tragic thing about it is that these people do this because they think it makes them sound more intelligent.

I usually encounter it in a work context where some p***k will say something like, "Of course, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact myself or any of the Finance team". - What the f**k are you talking about? Contact myself? Why?

Got an email from some tit this morning encouraging me to contact 'myself' if necessary. I'd make use of this kind of language a sackable offence, if not one punishable by imprisonment.

Footballers are absolutely dreadful for this shit

4 hours ago, JTS98 said:

Some dick I used to work with used to say this on the phone all the time. 

He thought he was brilliant at his job but surprisingly never got any internal jobs or promotions he applied for. 

Needless to say, he was a Weegie who sounded like he injected Heroin almost constantly. 

He thought he was brilliant at his job but surprisingly never got any internal jobs or promotions he applied for. 
Needless to say, he was a Weegie who sounded like he injected Heroin almost constantly. 

It is common in people who are semi conscious that their normal accent makes them sound like a jakey so they over pronounce words and throw in ‘big’ words to compensate.

23 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Often wondered how many people who live in Glasgow have turned to the kit simply just to blot out that nasal, whining, fucking abortion of an accent.

On 25/02/2020 at 13:32, JTS98 said:

I've noticed this myself.  

When people and football pundits are bad for this, use the phrase arithmetically rather than mathematically.

I remember Chick Young saying "It's still possible for Scotland to qualify, arithmetically"

Fucking stupid word, for people who a trying to make themselves looks smart.

22 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

"Unfortunately, for now, doctors do not give me much optimism for improvement," she fumed.

Yes, I might well fume too, had I been stupid enough to voluntarily get something done that made me blind.