Calling Cards of Morons

4 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:

Except in China, India or Maryland.

I visited Maryland a while back. Wasn't on a single menu anywhere I ate.

I looked for it in much the same spirit that when I visit a German speaking country at some point I more often than not will check the local phone book to see if there's anybody called Hitler in it.

Proper Chinese food is ace and surprisingly healthy. 

Chinese restaurant across from my old flat is always full of Chinese folk and I eventually realised that their dishes weren't on 'our menu'.  Turned out they had a special on-request menu to cater for their non kung po needs. This eventually became bilingual after they got fed up with translating for me every time. 

10 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Proper Chinese food is ace and surprisingly healthy

Chinese restaurant across from my old flat is always full of Chinese folk and I eventually realised that their dishes weren't on 'our menu'.  Turned out they had a special on-request menu to cater for their non kung po needs. This eventually became bilingual after they got fed up with translating for me every time. 

I suppose real Chinese food is surprisingly healthy when you look at the stodgy stuff on UK menus covered in thick sauces but when you look at Chinese people in general you don't usually see many bat fastards amongst them. 

I heard something recently on the radio where nutritionists are coming round to the way of thinking that maybe white rice is great for keeping the weight off when you consider the low obesity levels where rice is the staple diet in these SE Asian countries. 

'Mon the rice. 

28 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I suppose real Chinese food is surprisingly healthy when you look at the stodgy stuff on UK menus covered in thick sauces but when you look at Chinese people in general you don't usually see many bat fastards amongst them. 

I heard something recently on the radio where nutritionists are coming round to the way of thinking that maybe white rice is great for keeping the weight off when you consider the low obesity levels where rice is the staple diet in these SE Asian countries. 

'Mon the rice. 

To be fair, you didn't get many fat b*****ds in Britain in the 1920s. Obesity levels in China are rising quickly as income and access to fast / junk food is increasing.

6 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

To be fair, you didn't get many fat b*****ds in Britain in the 1920s. Obesity levels in China are rising quickly as income and access to fast / junk food is increasing.

That'll be that radio piece dismissed in one fell swoop:

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/2098042/china-has-largest-number-obese-children-world-says-study

People who don't understand distributions to a basic fucking level. Folk were looking at a chart showing the average height of children at different ages at my old work. One of the girls starts saying "yeah, but you can't tell what height a child is just by age". Well obviously, it's an average. Generally older children are taller than younger children. "But my son's taller than his cousin who's two year older than him, so that can't be true."

...... fucking hell.

Just now, mathematics said:

The same  people who proudly announce that they can’t do maths.

Thing is, I've noticed it more from folk that should have at least a basic maths knowledge or would bristle if you suggested they weren't good at maths. For example, discussion about women in STEM...

"On average boys score higher on maths tests."
"But lots of girls are good at maths."
"Well.... aye"

The same  people who proudly announce that they can’t do maths.
My maths is pretty poor but I'm certainly not proud of it, I'm more angry about it. I don't know who sets the curriculum but the amount of needless shite we learned about was unreal. Pythagoras's theorem and algebra being the two that spring to mind. Neither of these things have been required in my life but counting has and I'm pretty fucking useless at that. Arithmetic should either be a completely different subject in schools or at the very least it should be the focus of maths classes and not the other pish they teach.