Calling Cards of Morons

"Did anyone else notice the barman dipping his cock into that staunch-looking lad's brandy?"
Moving swiftly on, illiterate folk who demand that everyone else read things out to them. Please note, it's not the illiterate part that bugs me - there can be all sorts of reasons why somebody might be unable to read. It's the entitled attitude that random strangers exists as their personal translator.
I realise this is probably a very niche category, but I've met a couple lately.

A guy asked a friend of mine to translate the bus timetable at the stop near the top of Easter Road for him because he couldn’t read. Also, another friend of mine had a guy in her antenatal class who said not to give him a leaflet about something because “I can’t read, I’m a pure daftie!”

Imagine going through life not being able to read.

I should probably add, this post was prompted by a lassie who insisted that I read out the titles of several hundred DVDs to her, otherwise "how else am I supposed to know what I want to buy?"

I read the first few but, upon realising she was going to want all of them read to her, I explained that I had a job to be getting on with. She then started asking random customers to read them out. She seemed bemused that it wasn't happening, so I presume this is how she's gone through her entire life thus far.

36 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I should probably add, this post was prompted by a lassie who insisted that I read out the titles of several hundred DVDs to her, otherwise "how else am I supposed to know what I want to buy?"

I read the first few but, upon realising she was going to want all of them read to her, I explained that I had a job to be getting on with. She then started asking random customers to read them out. She seemed bemused that it wasn't happening, so I presume this is how she's gone through her entire life thus far.

You should have made them up

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

You should have made them up

Noddy Meets Geronimo in Disney Land

The Adventures of The Vestal Virgins

Further Adventures of The Vestal Virgins

Adventures of The Vestals

Loyalist Pubs of The Falls Road

Justin Trudeau's Black and White Minstrel Show

Edited by Jacksgranda