Calling Cards of Morons

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
4 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:
It's obviously 4 and 5. 6 is a centre mid. Where would you have your 4?

Defensive midfielder obviously.

WTF!

1- Goalkeeper

2- Right Back

3- Left Back

4. Right Half

5. Centre Half

6. Left Half

7. Right winger (or Outside Right)

8. Inside Right

9. Centre Forward

10. Inside Left

11. Left Winger (or Outside Left) 

WTF!

1- Goalkeeper

2- Right Back

3- Left Back

4. Right Half

5. Centre Half

6. Left Half

7. Right winger (or Outside Right)

8. Inside Right

9. Centre Forward

10. Inside Left

11. Left Winger (or Outside Left) 

On a slightly related note, I believe in the 1970 Scottish Cup Final Eddie Turnbull gave Joe Harper the no.10 shirt to confuse Celtic as to where he was actually playing.

Worked [emoji2][emoji106]

Canna do that with damn fool “squad numbers” these days ☹️

The Dutch seem to think of number 3 as a centre-back and the left back as a number 5 for some reason.
1 was a goalkeeper when numbers first came in, then 2 and 3 were the full backs (the only defenders in the original 2-3-5 formation) then the half backs wore 4, 5 and 6 going from left to right, then the five forwards wore 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 (outside right - modern day right winger - then inside right, centre forward (still no. 9), inside left and then outside left). Depending on which half back stayed up and which two dropped back when 4 at the back became popular gave rise to some centre backs wearing 4 and 5 (tended to be the case in Scotland I think) and 6 being a midfielder or vice versa. Same goes for the second striker (where Ian Wright wore no. 8 and the Arsenal no. 10 would play in midfield). In the Netherlands, where the game developed after numbered shirts they traditionally line up 2-3-4-5 across the back with the left back wearing no. 5 (which caused a problem at OldCo Rangers when they signed Colin Hendry while Artur Newman already had the no. 5 shirt) and then often 6-7-8-9 across the midfield (Cruyff often wore 9 for Ajax playing as a midfielder who would drift wherever he wanted before famously wearing no. 14 at the World Cup). For me, I think 4 being a deep midfielder is more "modern" when 4 being a centre half is more "traditional".

You can tell it's the holidays...

On 19/07/2019 at 13:52, Rugster said:

2      4       5       3

7    8        6         11

9        10

Image result for 4 4 fucking 2

Anyone suggesting otherwise should genuinely be banned from the forum. Appalling stuff. 

Women who shout on people rather than walking over and speaking to them.
Stop barking orders out like a fish wife.

People sitting in random seats on the bus and doing this rather than sit next to them. Usually fatties right enough who couldn't fit two to a seat.

6 hours ago, coprolite said:

At least he has his off-duty sunglasses in the acceptable position and not hanging impractically off the back of his head as is de rigeur for today’s morons. 98% moron rating.

Probably a tattoo, going by the nick of him...

On 19/07/2019 at 15:06, Highland Capital said:

The Dutch seem to think of number 3 as a centre-back and the left back as a number 5 for some reason.

Aye, what would they f******* know...

I know I’m a bit late to the party here, but I always thought 4 and 5 for centre-backs was more a Scottish thing whereas the English tend to use 5 and 6 - with 4 for the DM.
And how successful are they compared to us? #changeneeded

On 19/07/2019 at 16:30, Salvo Montalbano said:

1 was a goalkeeper when numbers first came in, then 2 and 3 were the full backs (the only defenders in the original 2-3-5 formation) then the half backs wore 4, 5 and 6 going from left to right, then the five forwards wore 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 (outside right - modern day right winger - then inside right, centre forward (still no. 9), inside left and then outside left). Depending on which half back stayed up and which two dropped back when 4 at the back became popular gave rise to some centre backs wearing 4 and 5 (tended to be the case in Scotland I think) and 6 being a midfielder or vice versa. Same goes for the second striker (where Ian Wright wore no. 8 and the Arsenal no. 10 would play in midfield). In the Netherlands, where the game developed after numbered shirts they traditionally line up 2-3-4-5 across the back with the left back wearing no. 5 (which caused a problem at OldCo Rangers when they signed Colin Hendry while Artur Newman already had the no. 5 shirt) and then often 6-7-8-9 across the midfield (Cruyff often wore 9 for Ajax playing as a midfielder who would drift wherever he wanted before famously wearing no. 14 at the World Cup). For me, I think 4 being a deep midfielder is more "modern" when 4 being a centre half is more "traditional".

You can tell it's the holidays...

Often a centre half wearing 4 would be right side of the two, while one wearing 6 would be left side of the pairing, reflecting their previous roles as right half and left half.

Inverting the Pyramid by Jonathan Wilson is brilliant on all this stuff.