Calling Cards of Morons

3 minutes ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

People who give you their e-mail address then say, ‘all lower case’. DISNAE FUCKING MATTER.

:lol:  I constantly get clients asking “is that lower case” so I’ve just started saying “Yea” as ”disnae fucking matter” takes longer.

6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The BBC has special protocols for it, across radio and TV. Would imagine others have the same.

i'm hoping that Channel 4 has 96 hours of continuous, highly irreverant comedy, childish smut, adult films and cartoons for the amusement of those who will not give a tiniest f**k of the flying variety for the doleful shitfest on all the other channels; re-runs of The Word , Manhattan Cable and Eurotrash for four days would be fucking brilliant; and let's hope that the old bag turns up her toes during a summer heatwave so we can all get out and have commemorative BBQ's rather than being stuck indoors in front of the TV; i already want to punch Nicholas "fawning arsehole" Witchell repeatedly in the face until he stops breathing, and it's not even happened yet; and I bet the c***s have already got the funeral pencilled in for a Saturday so we don't even get an extra day off work....

30 minutes ago, The OP said:

:lol:  I constantly get clients asking “is that lower case” so I’ve just started saying “Yea” as ”disnae fucking matter” takes longer.

Also, in this vein, people saying “I don’t need the first two letters” after you’ve quoted them as part of a reference is a pointless waste of everyone’s time and energy.

7 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

i'm hoping that Channel 4 has 96 hours of continuous, highly irreverant comedy, childish smut, adult films and cartoons for the amusement of those who will not give a tiniest f**k of the flying variety for the doleful shitfest on all the other channels; re-runs of The Word , Manhattan Cable and Eurotrash for four days would be fucking brilliant; and let's hope that the old bag turns up her toes during a summer heatwave so we can all get out and have commemorative BBQ's rather than being stuck indoors in front of the TV; i already want to punch Nicholas "fawning arsehole" Witchell repeatedly in the face until he stops breathing, and it's not even happened yet; and I bet the c***s have already got the funeral pencilled in for a Saturday so we don't even get an extra day off work....

I'm on board with the C4 suggestion.

Hopefully it happens in the close season so that games aren't cancelled. A week off work would be grand.

2 hours ago, Shotgun said:

I worked in a retail jewelers for a spell in the 80s. I remember one saddo brought in a Charles and Di wedding commemorative china plate “to see how much it’s worth now”.

About 100% less than you paid for it mate.

Ironically, I belive that an original Dam busters Elvis clock of Tuttenkhammen will set you back proper cash. 

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

FTFY.

We were due to play Rangers at Celtic Park two days after Diana's chauffeur got pished and decided to go all Ayrton Senna in the Paris tunnel, the Scottish League, as it was then cancelled the match due to rumoured fear of unrest and sick chanting...

......like that doesn't go on every other time we play them anyway.  :lol:

31 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Must be shite being Nicholas Witchell. You go from being a main news anchor to Royal correspondent in the full knowledge Charles on mic calling him an awful person. Imagine going to work every day with f**k all to say about people who hate you. What a humiliating existence.

Very  on brand English. 

9 hours ago, Adam101 said:

Im sure she had ditched all her Corgis. Also the BBC will probably shut down it will be either rolling news or just be somber music. Most countries do this for the royals which I think is quite odd especially the ones who live remote lives from their subjects. At least the Japanese Emperor meets normal folk and sits on the floor despite living in great luxury.

I also wonder how much money will need to be spent changing everything from "Her Majesty's..." to "His Majesty's..." when Old Bettie finally pegs it.

Or maybe they just won't bother. Recently I was doing the Kirkintilloch Treasure Trail with the kids and one of the clues was a postbox with "GR" on. Presumably that's dating back to Bettie's auld man and was never updated or replaced.

7 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

We were due to play Rangers at Celtic Park two days after Diana's chauffeur got pished and decided to go all Ayrton Senna in the Paris tunnel, the Scottish League, as it was then cancelled the match due to rumoured fear of unrest and sick chanting...

......like that doesn't go on every other time we play them anyway.  :lol:

It goes on everytime you play anyone.

I also wonder how much money will need to be spent changing everything from "Her Majesty's..." to "His Majesty's..." when Old Bettie finally pegs it.
Or maybe they just won't bother. Recently I was doing the Kirkintilloch Treasure Trail with the kids and one of the clues was a postbox with "GR" on. Presumably that's dating back to Bettie's auld man and was never updated or replaced.
I wonder how long it will take for the new money to be minted as well, going forward we may as well have Wills the shagger to save money in the future

I wonder how long it will take for the new money to be minted as well, going forward we may as well have Wills the shagger to save money in the future
George VI coins (sixpence, shilling and florin) were in circulation right up to late 1971, coexisting with Lizzie's coins of the same value and the newly minted 5p and 10p.

I'm pretty sure the sixpence (2 and a half pence) was used up until 1980.